47 Meters Down

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

47 Meters Down

Post by GORDON »

A couple of really smart, cute chicks ignore everything they are told about using sketchy dive operators outside of their Mexican resort and do it anyway out of peer pressure, and don't even know enough spanish to know when one of the dive crew is openly insulting them because they don't recognize the word "gringa."

As divers, my kid and I obviously had observations the entire movie... I'll spare you. They got it about half right, and half wrong, and the conclusion was amazingly wrong, but oh my so dramatic.

So yeah.... movie kinda sucked unless you just really want to believe.

Also I wish they would use real measurements, like feet and pounds. No one in Maerica is going to be able to relate to meters and bars. Merica.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

47 Meters

Post by TheCatt »

Meh.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

47 Meters

Post by TheCatt »

Remember the 80s, when at least this movie would have had some tits?
GORDON
Site Admin

47 Meters

Post by GORDON »

Ah... the 80s.

Now liking tits is misogynistic. It's madness.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

47 Meters

Post by TheCatt »

I'll say this, though, it made some $$, relative to its budget.
As of September 10, 2017, 47 Meters Down has grossed $44.2 million in the United States and Canada and $9 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $53.2 million, against a production budget of $5.5 million.[3]
There's going to be a sequel
On September 8, 2017, it was announced that production studio, The Fyzz Facility, is working on a sequel titled 48 Meters Down. Roberts, Riera, and Harris will both return as director/writer, co-writer, and producer, respectively. The sequel will take place in Brazil and center around a group of young women who decide to explore some hidden underwater ruins located off-the-beaten trail. Production will be overseen by Altitude Film Sales, with potential buyers currently being sought in Toronto.
Leisher
Site Admin

47 Meters Down

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: There's going to be a sequel
The Blu-Ray has an ad for Open Water 3, so yeah, not shocked about a sequel. People don't realize horror is the big money maker in movies.

Onto the movie:
"That's a 20 footer. I've seen them as large as 28." Uh, no you haven't. Nobody has... They haven't even gotten into the water yet and I'm already annoyed.

"You can see for miles Kate!" Said nobody underwater ever.

The shark aggressively attacking and eating the cell phone is beyond ridiculous.

Are they on the east or west coast? Oh, west. Those are Great Whites.

I was entertained enough that I won't call it shit, but reality and this movie are not in the same universe.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”