Tickled

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tickled

Post by Leisher »

Yay my friend's HBOGo account!

I had heard about this documentary both through someone at golf league and from the Flickering Myth podcast. Then I found out it was on HBOGo so I gave it a look.

The description for it is as follows:
"In this shocking documentary you have to see to believe, a pop-culture journalist's investigation into 'competitive endurance tickling' leads him on a dark, twisted journey full of manipulation, deception and online intimidation."

That's not the fun description that hooked me though. The Flickering Myth guy gave me that one, and I'm paraphrasing: "Straight guys tickling each other. When this reporter starts sniffing around it they get really pissed and reveal a very strong anti-gay message."

How can a secret competitive tickling group of just men be straight? It's because the real story is pretty fucked up.

This is worth seeing. One of those documentaries that has a weird hook to get you started, and then you're down a rabbit hole with the film crew trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

The reporter does an amazingly good job of staying on target with his investigation, and I'm happy to say you will see what's behind the curtain.

See it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”