Hush

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Hush

Post by Leisher »

Yay Netflix!

No, not the Batman storyline/villain...

A deaf/mute woman lives alone in the woods. A killer comes calling randomly.

I'm certain there were flaws, but I was entertained enough that I didn't think about them. That alone is a positive for the film in my book. The biggest is that you have to allow this killer to be a psychopath who not only kills indiscriminately, but who wants to toy with this person once he realizes the opportunity is there.

That's where the film is strong. He doesn't just choose to toy with her until he understands the situation.

Where it gets weak is how they drag it out. Your enjoyment of the film will hinge on whether or not you can accept this guy wanting to continue to play rather than just get the kill. There's also a couple of odd choices by the director that are there to give you a visual as to what she's thinking since she can't say it. It's clever, but not subtle.

It's a short film at 81 minutes and while the body count is low, they don't cover up the violence.

There's one shot that's one of my favorite shots I've seen in a movie this year. I won't tell you what it was to avoid spoilers, but you'll know it immediately. It's a pretty cool action moment that looks legit.

A suspense/horror low budget movie that's actually pretty good.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”