Bumblebee

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Malcolm

Bumblebee

Post by Malcolm »

Opening against the pussiest hero DC could throw at it.
“Bumblebee,” the first “Transformers” spinoff film, will be Paramount’s 2018 Christmas gift to moviegoers.

The film will open on Dec. 21, 2018, putting it up against some heavy competition in the form of DC Comics’ “Aquaman.” There’s also an untitled film from Fox and James Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment slated to open on that date.
Colour me not giving a fuck.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Bumblebee

Post by GORDON »

Pass.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Bumblebee

Post by Leisher »

That's all very cute, but doesn't Star Wars own Christmas now?

I'm mildly interested in seeing how they fuck up Aquaman. I've only ever seen a single run of 5-8 issues where he was remotely interesting and the guy who wrote those didn't write the movie.

Bumblebee the movie I couldn't be less interested in or the whole Transformers franchise for that matter.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Bumblebee

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Bumblebee

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Bumblebee

Post by Leisher »

Call me crazy, but even as a person who hated the Transformers movies to date, this looks ok. The transformers actually look like Transformers and not just gray hunks of random metal.

Vince

Bumblebee

Post by Vince »

It looks like they're making it a human story rather than an FX jerkfest. It looks like there's potential for a good story from this trailer, which many movies are lacking at this point.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Bumblebee

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Bumblebee

Post by TheCatt »

The director is the guy who directed Kubo and the Two Strings. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1325899/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

Very different direction than Michael Bay.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bumblebee

Post by GORDON »

It was ok, it had been hyped up for me so that I was actually expecting a great movie. Thing is, this is only good... for a Transformers movie. Which means, "not that great."

Feels like a proper reboot, not just a long-delayed sequel. Looks like they're changing up how Prime arrived on earth, and shit. Also, they went old-school with the voices, just like the cartoons.

Also, minor spoilers for the year-old movie,

They played the horrible, cringey 80's song that originally had a cartoon transformers video attached to it. "You've got the touch!"

But WTF were the soldiers doing training around in the woods with a massive, metal harpoon mounted on a Hummer? What were they training to do?

Also teenagers = still annoying. I'm officially still not the target audience.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Bumblebee

Post by Leisher »

Mostly agree with Gordo. It was clearly aimed more towards kids. It was fine, but not great.

Definitely liked that they used more color on the bots. It really made them stand out.