Creed 2

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by GORDON »

Awww yeah.

Love the reveal at the end. I hadn't known about that.

"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by Leisher »

I was aware of the story line.

Looks good.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by Leisher »

I'll bet you in 30 years we'll get Balboa where an old Creed Jr. trains Rocky's grandkid.

GORDON
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by GORDON »

I'm wanting to catch this in the theater with my kid, but he hasn't seen any of the Rocky movies...

So, last weekend we started them. I opened the first film with a little explanation, figuring he wouldn't like it... it's a 70's movie, and the pacing isn't what he's used to, and it doesn't end with a traditional win... I didn't spoil it, but it's part of the reawson I didn't think he'd appreciate the movie. But he loved it.

And he loved the second one better, the next night.

And he loved Rocky 3, tonight. He laughed when Hulk Hogan came out, "Oh I know him, I like that guy." He'd never heard of Mr. T. The Apollo Creed team-up was unexpected.

He told me his fave movie ever is Mad Max 4 (an excellent choice), but one of the Rockys may be his second fave... but he isn't sure which.

That's my boy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by GORDON »

The kid and I are all caught up... we watched Creed tonight. Now we can go to the theater and watch the next one, next month.

We skipped Rocky 5. I gave him the highlights, verbally. I don't think I ever rewatched it since the first time.

I told him he's lucky... 75% of my life has passed since I first saw the first movie, to Creed 2.. He got them all in a few weeks.

Losing Stallone is going to be a national tragedy.

He thinks the first movie is the best one. Good taste.
Leisher
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: He thinks the first movie is the best one. Good taste.
Definitely the best in terms of story, but I still cringe at how rapey Rocky was when Adrienne visits his apartment.
GORDON
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: He thinks the first movie is the best one. Good taste.
Definitely the best in terms of story, but I still cringe at how rapey Rocky was when Adrienne visits his apartment.
Yeah, he and I discussed that, briefly. He understands that NO always means NO, even when it doesn't. He knows to not take that chance.

That scene wasn't cringey 20 years ago. It has become so.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: That scene wasn't cringey 20 years ago. It has become so.
That's true of a lot of 80s movies.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by GORDON »

This is a good article and interview with Dolph Lundgren.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... an-1162613
Leisher
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by Leisher »

Relevant

Leisher
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by Leisher »

Stallone apparently retires Rocky Balboa.

I say apparently because the door is clearly open for him to be in Creed 3 if that happens.
GORDON
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by GORDON »

It's slower paced, which is interesting...kid says it was better than the first Creed.

At restaurant. More thoughts later.
GORDON
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by GORDON »

I'm glad I got to go to a cinema and see a Rocky Balboa movie with my son. So that's cool. Rocky's been part of my life since I was about 9, and now my kid can share a memory of it with me after I'm gone.

Been digesting, and I liked the slower pace of Creed 2. Unlike Rocky 4, which sped the story along with three separate montages, this one gave the story time to breathe, and really let you feel the tough decisions the characters were making.

There are a few fights, and during one... the fighter makes the best "entrance" into the arena of any previous Rocky movie. It was very poignant.

I thought they were making a characterization mistake with one person, but then by the end I saw the point of it, and decided it was a pretty good decision. If someone wants a spoiler thread start one, and I'll elaborate.

All in all, an excellent final outing for Stallone. He even had a line that would wrap up his character, if Creed continued on without Balboa.
Leisher
Site Admin

Creed 2

Post by Leisher »

Loved it. It had me enthralled throughout.

Absolutely loved the story lines for both fighters, which actually gave you feels for both. I thought the acting was top notch. Not a bad performance to be found and there were no over the top characters.

Really enjoyed how they resolved everything.

Fantastic film.