They Call Me Jeeg

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

They Call Me Jeeg

Post by Leisher »

Yay Netflix!

Subtitles.

Italian film about a small time crook who gains super powers. The powers are cool because he's not invulnerable or able to beat everything easily. He meets a woman that is pretty insane, for a reason that's briefly mentioned (it's tragic), and she thinks he's an anime superhero. He also runs afoul of a small time gangster/drug dealer with plans for bigger things.

First the bad: It's a bit slow initially, it's a bit predictable, and it's 30 minutes longer than necessary.

Now the good: It's a pretty solid film. Good acting by most of the cast. The main villain plays it a bit over the top though. It gets a touch hokey towards the end, but prior to that it's almost like a serious drama. Actually, it is a drama until late in the film.

It won't be everyone. I highly doubt it's a film kids will enjoy as there's nothing flashy or colorful. The subtitles might turn others off.

I started the film thinking "ugh", but by the end I had really enjoyed it. Two hours later and I'm writing this still having enjoyed it, so that's good.

Nothing here you'll "need" to see, but if you want to try a superhero film with a twist and something far more dramatic (until that ending), give it a look.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”