Kristy

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Kristy

Post by Leisher »

Yay Netflix!

A girl, Haley Bennett (who has that attainable girl next door hotness going on), stays at her college over Thanksgiving and all is well until psychos arrive to hunt her.

This is one of those films that has good ideas, better acting than it should, and some really stupid shit.

First of all, this college must be the smallest college in history. She's the only student there along with three employees. Four people for an entire campus? Even during holidays that's not realistic at all.

If you believe the killers drive a really shitty car, yet have amazing skills, the tech to use it, and know all the moves their victims will make before they make it, then you might have written this film. Oh, and let's not forget that they know the layout for the entire campus and it's workings. My favorite part of the story was the magical fog that appears for the one scene it's needed, and then disappears later in the film.

The killers' motive?

That's kind of a spoiler, but there's more to it than that, and even a post credits scene.

And still, I enjoyed watching it despite the stupid shit, and again, there's a lot of it. Haley Bennett was really good, and had to be because without her there would be nothing redeeming about this film. I'm sure they wanted to make this a franchise, but you'd have to suspend your disbelief in a really, really big way to accept it as such. Even more so than the Purge.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”