Horror Story

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Horror Story

Post by Leisher »

Yay Netflix!

No idea how I didn't notice this was a Bollywood movie until after it started. Subtitle alert!

The first thing that is a glaring issue is the language barrier. The actors speak a mix of an Indian language and English and it's confusing as hell. The subtitles being on all the time, and sometimes being wrong, don't help. Even newspapers shown during the film are half English, helf whatever.

Anyway, 7 friends are throwing a party for one that is going to America for American Idol. I'm not making that up. After a night of drinking when they're all "drunk", but none act even slightly drunk, they decide to go to a haunted hotel. Why? Who the fuck knows.

You want to talk about characters being dumb to advance the plot? One guy kicks a can down a pitch black hallway and after 30 seconds, it comes rolling back. All 7 stand there and he does it again and they all watch as it comes back again. Nobody shines a flashlight down there. Nope, instead 1 guy of the 7 says he'll go check it out. He says I'll hum and when you can't hear me, come find me. What kind of logic is that? Why didn't all 7 just go? Another woman sees herself walking around so instead of thinking, "Fuck that shit" she decides to silently follow herself.

"She can't hurt us when we stick together. What should we do?"
"Let's split up."

That is really dialogue from the movie. I cannot stress enough that these could possibly be the dumbest characters in the history of horror.

And why do none of these people have the flashlight app on their phone?

Anyway, it's very slow to start, but gets going later. There's still lots of stupidity, but there's pretty good effects.

Oh, I should mention the music too. I think John Williams performed the score. It is hilariously over the top and dramatic.

Is it worth watching? This is one of those rare movies that completely sucked, yet might be worth your time. Both because of the cool effects, but also because it's hilarious.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”