The Orville

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

FOX's site has both episodes.

I would recommend watching it there simply because you'd be giving it ratings. Since I missed episode I, that's where I'll watch it.

Online ratings count.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Think Seth is fucking pissed? Plus the show is moving to Thursday, now.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

I highly doubt he'd be pissed. He's been on Sunday for two decades or so. He knows the score.

Plus, football is a great lead in for ratings.

Moving to Thursdays is either a good sign or a bad one. If it was planned, then it's a good sign. I think Thursday is a wasteland right now for good shows. I know my DVR currently doesn't record anything on Thursdays. There is football, but it's exclusive to the NFL Network and most homes don't get it. Fridays is where networks put shows to die, so the fact it wasn't moved there is good.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

I did find a "Fox On Demand," and we just watched the second ep legally.

It has commercials, and you can't fast forward. That shit is brutal.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: It has commercials, and you can't fast forward.
I'm so confused.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

I know. It was actually jarring when it said I couldn't FF, and I sat there confused and kept hitting the button.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I know. It was actually jarring when it said I couldn't FF, and I sat there confused and kept hitting the button.
Doesn't sound very pleasant, shouldn't do that again.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I know. It was actually jarring when it said I couldn't FF, and I sat there confused and kept hitting the button.
You joke, but I've done that countless times watching shit On Demand.
TheCatt wrote: Doesn't sound very pleasant, shouldn't do that again.
And if everyone does it, all good shows will be cancelled and replace with housewives, little people, teen moms, etc.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

Good point. OK, everyone else keep watching commercials.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Or just don't let football preempt shows.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Or just don't let football preempt shows.
Now I'm even more confused.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

I'll rephrase... don't let football preempt good TV.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I'll rephrase... don't let football preempt good TV.
I was with Catt's reaction to your first statement, but this one I can get behind.

The problem is that it's completely unrealistic. Here's why:
1. The network wants that lead in ratings boost.
2. Football is a competition that can be delayed by weather or go long in the event of a tie.

Now, they do mention their shows about 96 gajillion times during a football game. So I guess an interesting experiment would be to promote the hell out of a show, but move it back an hour to give time for the game to run long, and then compare ratings with other shows debuting right after a game versus one an hour later.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Damn, MacFarland isn't messing around, he's playing this show straight. It really is Star Trek, but without everyone having that starfleet stick up their asses. S1E3 dealt with forcing someone into a gender, and they did it in such a way that you could see both sides of the debate. Nice.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Finally watched the first three episodes and I love this show.

It's ST:TNG with just a touch of humor.

That third episode...holy shit...that is not what you expect from a Seth McFarlane show.

If you like Star Trek at all, this show is an absolute must watch. I'm really hoping this show gets a nice long life, and it'll be interesting to see how this free show does versus CBS' $15/month version of Star Trek.
Stranger

The Orville

Post by Stranger »

Just gotta say, I love this show!

I was wondering how it would toe the line of comedy/sci-fy but its done well and not as much comedy as i originally thought it would have.

Plus Adrianne Palicki went to my high school, but like 5 years after i did.. So that makes her hotter.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

I had to put Adrianne on "The List" since she's from here... and conceivably she may visit, and I could bump into her, and it COULD happen.

You know what's up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

Not as much comedy as I expected either, 1 episode in.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

I plan to do a FB post about it on Thursday. (That's when it airs next.) I want to do what I can to promote the show.

I hope that because it's Seth, they'll get at least a second season, but I really think every Star Trek fan should be watching this show.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

From what I've seen of the first episode of Star Trek: Discovery, this show is more "star trek" than that is.