Wonder Woman 2

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by Leisher »

Confirmed by Snyder.

What's really interesting is that box office estimates for WW are low and tracking is even lower.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by GORDON »

Hey remember when the fantastic 4 sequel was greenlit before it opened?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by Leisher »

Spoilers for WW at this link.

WW2 will be fighting 80s Soviets for some reason.

Also, I called it...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Spoilers for WW at this link.

Also, I called it...
Odd since in BvS she says she gave up on humanity for 100 years. (I mean, except that break in the 80s, apparently)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Wonder Woman 2

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:

Also, I called it...
Odd since in BvS she says she gave up on humanity for 100 years. (I mean, except that break in the 80s, apparently)
I remember that being said, but I don't recall by whom. Do you remember? Just curious because this could be a secret thing. Obviously would be below the radar if no one knows who she is in BvS.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:

Also, I called it...
I remember that being said, but I don't recall by whom. Do you remember? Just curious because this could be a secret thing. Obviously would be below the radar if no one knows who she is in BvS.
She said it.
Diana Prince: A hundred years ago I walked away from mankind; from a century of horrors... Men made a world where standing together is impossible.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by GORDON »

Maybe she meant "walked away from personal relationships," but she's still there as a policewoman.

I dunno. Speculating.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by Leisher »

Or it could just be that they didn't plan for a sequel.

Also, don't discount the "mankind" part of that phrase. Maybe she fights female Soviets exclusively.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Or it could just be that they didn't plan for a sequel.
This.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by GORDON »

Or she went full Les? No more MANkind.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Or she went full Les? No more MANkind.
Thanks, Leisher.
Vince

Wonder Woman 2

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Or it could just be that they didn't plan for a sequel.
This.
Much like a lot of the talk about "You will be taught by Yoda, who taught me" stuff from the original Star Wars trilogy. Just rewatched those again with my wife (she hadn't see4n them beginning to end) and you realize a lot of stuff was said because they hadn't noodled out the prequels yet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: Or she went full Les? No more MANkind.
Thanks, Leisher.
You're welcome. It does make sense with the "No Man's Land" imagery of the first film. Although, the fucking end of the movie kind of shits all over her statement of abandoning mankind for 100 years... Perhaps it's just bad writing?
Vince wrote: Much like a lot of the talk about "You will be taught by Yoda, who taught me" stuff from the original Star Wars trilogy. Just rewatched those again with my wife (she hadn't see4n them beginning to end) and you realize a lot of stuff was said because they hadn't noodled out the prequels yet.
Truth. People think Lucas had everything planned out, but beyond making it a trilogy and Vader being Luke's father (SPOILER!) he didn't know shit. Nobody thought Star Wars would work.
Vince

Wonder Woman 2

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
Vince wrote: Much like a lot of the talk about "You will be taught by Yoda, who taught me" stuff from the original Star Wars trilogy. Just rewatched those again with my wife (she hadn't see4n them beginning to end) and you realize a lot of stuff was said because they hadn't noodled out the prequels yet.
Truth. People think Lucas had everything planned out, but beyond making it a trilogy and Vader being Luke's father (SPOILER!) he didn't know shit. Nobody thought Star Wars would work.
I think I remember reading somewhere he hadn't even figured out all the dad/son/sister dynamics when they made the first movie.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by Leisher »

I believe the sister/daughter think, but Vader is Dutch for father. Unless that was just a hell of a coincidence.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I believe the sister/daughter think, but Vader is Dutch for father. Unless that was just a hell of a coincidence.
Lucas says it was a coincidence. Which is believable.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by GORDON »

Isn't the name literally Dark Father?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Isn't the name literally Dark Father?
Maybe.
Lucas seems to be suggesting with the name he was giving a big clue about the familial ties.

I said he lies but he's really spreading myth about the lore of Vader as he had no idea Vader was Luke's father until at the earliest point of the second draft of Empire's script.
From here
Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 2

Post by Leisher »

Kristen Wiig as the Cheetah.

Should be interesting.