Roseanne

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by Leisher »

They're contemplating the show without Roseanne.

My prediction:
They kill Roseanne.
They make Trump jokes.
The show moves crazy left without crazy right Roseanne to balance it.
It gets huge ratings the first night.
It gets cancelled after one season.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Roseanne

Post by Vince »

Other than huge ratings the first night, this tracks for me. If I were forced to make a prediction, I'd say better than average ratings the first night provided they are promoting it as an anti-Trump show. If they keep it under wraps it'll be higher ratings. But if you want Trump bashing, just pick a sitcom. I'd guess the ratings for the first show would be between 50 and 75% of what it was for the reboot's first episode. Which would still be good, but not enough for Trump to not claim a win.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

Roseanne

Post by Vince »

Was just reading that Barr owns a big chunk of the stake in the show. So any reboot would make her money. Article said ABC isn't in the mood to do that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by TheCatt »

"Roseanne Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the new series," ABC said in a press release.
Leisher
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by Leisher »

10 episodes is not a vote of confidence.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 10 episodes is not a vote of confidence.
The first reboot season was also 10 episodes.
Vince

Roseanne

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
"Roseanne Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the new series," ABC said in a press release.
Pretty sure she will take them to court on that. But don't think she'll be out a lot of money because I doubt it runs the full 10 episodes unless it's just out of ABC's spite.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Pretty sure she will take them to court on that. But don't think she'll be out a lot of money because I doubt it runs the full 10 episodes unless it's just out of ABC's spite.
If you read the article, she already made the agreement. Probably got a payout in exchange.
In a new statement on Thursday night, Barr said she regrets "the circumstances that have caused me to be removed" from her show.

"I agreed to the settlement in order that 200 jobs of beloved cast and crew could be saved, and I wish the best for everyone involved," she said.
Vince

Roseanne

Post by Vince »

Ah... I'd skimmed that and missed the part about the settlement. Thanks for calling that out. I suspect you're right about the payout.
Leisher
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by Leisher »

Critics loved it, the audience hated it, and it didn't do great in the ratings.

Of course the critics loved it. Either they're left leaning politically and HAD to like this show without the right wingnut job at the helm, they were appeasing others in the industry, or we had another TLJ where the reviews match what they anticipate audience response will be rather than the truth.