Roseanne

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Malcolm

Roseanne

Post by Malcolm »

Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by TheCatt »

Canceled
Barr is notorious for tweeting about pro-Trump conspiracy theories and other controversial topics. This week she repeatedly attacked prominent Democrats.

In one of the tweets, she wrote, "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj."

Barr was responding to a comment about Valerie Jarrett, a top former aide to President Obama. She replied to CNN reporter Andrew Kaczynski and said it was "a joke."

But Barr later deleted the tweet and tweeted an apology to Jarrett and "all Americans."

"I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks," Barr tweeted. "I should have known better. Forgive me -- my joke was in bad taste." Barr then said she's leaving Twitter.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by Leisher »

It'll be interesting to see if another network picks it up. 10 million people is a lot of viewers.

It'd be easy for the new network to justify it too. "We didn't think one person's mistake should end a career opportunity for hundreds of others and disappoint millions of fans. We're bringing it back because Ms. Barr apologized and everyone deserves a second chance. However, we have explained to her that we will not tolerate another incident."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Roseanne

Post by Cakedaddy »

The network has escalated it beyond an apology being good enough. Even for another network at this point. Almost like they wanted to poison the well.

I think the only thing that could save it is if she agreed to donate her earnings (or some of them, like the next 5 episodes or something) to sensitivity parades or something.
Leisher
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: The network has escalated it beyond an apology being good enough. Even for another network at this point. Almost like they wanted to poison the well.

I think the only thing that could save it is if she agreed to donate her earnings (or some of them, like the next 5 episodes or something) to sensitivity parades or something.
The other network could play it off easily. "They were right to do it, and we'll allow her the same short leash."

If she wasn't so overly pro-Trump, I highly doubt the series would be cancelled.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Roseanne

Post by Troy »

NFL players do awful shit all the time and get fired. If they are talented enough, another team will still bring them. Oakland Raiders, Bengals, NEW ORLEANS (diaf).

Not sure what point I'm making - but I think there if there is a chance to get the whole team back together, some other network will makes a pass. Maybe Breibart will kick start a full TV content department.
Last edited by Troy on Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leisher
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by Leisher »

How about that Newsmax(?) to get attention? They brought back or are bringing back O'Reilly.
Leisher
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by Leisher »

Now it'll probably be tough to bring it back.

Roseanne attacking other cast members for throwing her under the bus.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Now it'll probably be tough to bring it back.

Roseanne attacking other cast members for throwing her under the bus.
Good thing she quit twitter.
Leisher
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by Leisher »

Pro Tip: If you compare a black person to an ape, you're fucked and you don't get to blame anyone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by GORDON »

It's pretty much impossible to still think you'll get away with that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Pro Tip: If you compare a black person to an ape, you're fucked and you don't get to blame anyone else.
YEah, although, again: Another person I didn't realize was black. I really hate our definition of black/race/etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by Leisher »

What's confusing about it?

Here is an African American:
TheCatt
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by TheCatt »

Trump Weighs in
On Tuesday, when Sarah Sanders was asked for Trump's view about the cancellation, Sanders said "that's not what the president is looking at. That's not what he's spending his time on. And I think that we have a lot bigger things going on in the country right now, certainly that the President is spending his time when it comes to policy."
So, of course....
[H]e tweeted this on Wednesday: "Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that 'ABC does not tolerate comments like those' made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn't get the call?"
Are you a baby?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by TheCatt »

Roseanne blames Ambien
Roseanne Barr is blaming Ambien for her racist tweets and telling her fans, "I'm not a racist, just an idiot who made a bad joke."
Sanofi, the maker of Ambien, responded with a statement full of shade: "While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication."
thibodeaux

Roseanne

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Postby Leisher » Wed May 30, 2018 4:06 pm
Black....ish

TheCatt
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by TheCatt »

I mean, right?
Leisher
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by Leisher »

She's black?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: She's black?
From what I could find, at least 3/4 grandparents were African American.
GORDON
Site Admin

Roseanne

Post by GORDON »

Roseanne is black? Can't tell if that's her.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."