Kung Fu Killer

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Kung Fu Killer

Post by Leisher »

Yay Netflix!

The guy who played IP Man has to stop a kung fu serial killer targeting other masters.

Subtitle alert...

The action is outstanding, and the plot is cool. However, there are issues. First, the killer's true motivation is never really revealed. Was it love? Was he always this dedicated? Maybe I missed something, but his story line seemed a bit muddled. Second, the climatic fight scene ends VERY anti-climatically. They give you an ending...and an ending...but it felt lacking. Maybe it wasn't though? I could see how the killer was stopped having some meaning, but I think it was about wrapping up stories.

A fun watch for the action, and there's a lot.

Oh, and I think translators miss some things. There are lines of dialogue that seem to come out of left field. Not many, but when it happens, it's noticeable.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”