Office Christmas Party

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Office Christmas Party

Post by TheCatt »

Comedy film with Jason Bateman, Olivia Munn, TJ Miller (Silicon Valley guy), Jennifer Aniston, and a bunch of smaller players.

Jason + TJ run a technology office for a company owned by Jennifer Aniston, who is TJ's sister. They hate each other, and blahblahblah, she threatens to shut down their office unless they land a major deal, and say they can't have a Christmas party, but they do anyway, and it inevitably gets out of hand.

Um. It's alright, it's rarely laugh out loud funny, but some pieces were humorous. Very predictable.

Skip it, unless you just need something on in the background. 3.5/10
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Office Christmas Party

Post by Leisher »

It was cookie cutter ensemble comedy, but I wasn't as offended by it as Catt. I thought there were some genuinely funny moments, and some that were very forced. Some of the cameos I could have lived without like the Uber driver that brought zero laughs.

I'd say the biggest sin of this film is they were like an overambitious chef and added too many ingredients. Had they backed off on half the cast, they might have had something better.

Still, I'd shoot it a 5 out of 10. There were enough laughs, the stars that were good were good, and there's lots of hot women.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Office Christmas Party

Post by TheCatt »

"We have no plot"

"Call Jennifer Aniston"

"We have no jokes, either"

"Call TJ Miller, that guy's really funny!"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Office Christmas Party

Post by Leisher »

There was a plot. It was actually far more substantial than I thought it would be too. I just expected "Christmas party gets out of control."

The jokes were very hit or miss. Like I said, too many people in the cast.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”