The Windmill

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Windmill

Post by Leisher »

Yay Netflix!

A horror film from The Netherlands.

People with sketchy incidents in their past board a tour bus in Holland. The bus conveniently breaks down near an old windmill. That's where they face punishment for their sins.

Huge flaws with the logic in the film. I won't break them down as they would be spoilers, but I don't think the film followed it's own rules unless where they were trumps everything. I guess that's possible. (That'll make sense if you see it.) My problem is even if that does resolve the previously mentioned flaws in the story, it wouldn't explain the Japanese guy's story arc.

Not a terrible horror film, not a great one either. Decent effects. Some ok acting. A cliche character or two.

I'd only recommend it to die hard horror fans who see everything. Even then it'd be with reservations. The "breaking it's own rules" thing bugs me a lot. The more I think about the film the less sense it makes.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”