Time Stand Still (Rush)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Vince

Time Stand Still (Rush)

Post by Vince »

Documentary of the Canadian bands final tour. If you are a Rush fan, I'd recommend this. There are interviews that go over some of the band history. Not a lot that you wouldn't find elsewhere on that topic, but a really interesting insight into why they are giving up touring. One has to assume they are also giving up recording at least as a group, as there is a certain finality in all of their discussions. At first I wondered why they didn't talk more to other musicians that were influenced by the band. When you look at their 40 year career however, they were sustained by a rabid fan base. When radio stations wouldn't play them and critics were trashing them, it was the fans that kept them going. So it was fitting that they really focused on what this means to the fans.

I bought the DVD on Amazon, but if it's streaming anywhere I'd recommend it. As a huge fan, it allowed for a bit of closure most supporters of entertainers don't get.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren