Split

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Vince

Split

Post by Vince »

I consider this a pretty solid showing by M. Night Shyamalan. I've always thought that after Unbreakable his movies ended up with some good ideas and even good execution most of the time, but he didn't seem to know how to end them and the endings ended up sucking so bad it damaged the rest of the film. Starting with The Visit, he seems to have stemmed some of that. Not an incredible plot idea in here, but serviceable and the ending was solid. James McAvoy is great and the chick was also quite good. Had never seen her before, but I thought she was pretty talented as well.

I wouldn't recommend a special trip out to see it, but if you're out looking for something to see and liked The Visit , you will probably enjoy this one.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

Split

Post by Malcolm »

Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Split

Post by Leisher »

This was a decent movie. Although, I thought the final 30 minutes were the weakest part. I don't want to get into spoilers, but M. Night missed some big details.
James McAvoy is great and the chick was also quite good.
Agreed, but honestly, they had to be or it would have sucked.

I look forward to the crossover.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Split

Post by GORDON »

It was ok.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."