The Raid 2

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Raid 2

Post by Leisher »

This picks up immediately where The Raid: Redemption leaves off.

In terms of story, I didn't have a fucking clue what was going on for a large part of the film. Maybe it was the language barrier, maybe it was the casting of actors that look too similar in key roles, maybe it was because I was playing Rust, but there were some scenes that made no sense. However, for the overall story of what the protagonist was facing, I got it.

The main cop that survived the first film is back and heading to prison to go undercover. In the same way as the first movie, shit goes south. Eventually, it works out and he's onto his mission. At that point it becomes a standard mafia movie about a complacent boss and his son with grand ambitions, but no wisdom or experience. The cop is a backstory player at this point, until he's not. That's when this becomes an action movie on speed with lots of gore thrown in for fun.

Again, the action is like a Jackie Chan film, but a ton more violent. Guy getting shot in the face with a shotgun at point blank range? We got that. Dude's getting fucked up with hammers and knifes? We got that.

I recommend this to fill your action needs, but don't come for the story.

According to IMDB there is a third in the works, and like I said in The Raid's thread, there's an American version in the works.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”