Whisky Tango Foxtrot

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Post by GORDON »

This is a Tina Fey movie so I watched it on Amazon Prime last night because I usually like her, because she's kind of cute and kind of funny. I remember the commercials last year making this movie out to be kind of a "wacky female reporter goes to be a war correspondent in Afghanistan and then wacky things happen" movie. I remember in the commercials they showed her reporting on "And now the first woman in Afghanistan to get her drivers license..." and the woman immediately crashes the car. Funny.

Also the only real joke in the entire movie.

It's about her trying to take control of her life, which is ok, because it isn't all about "my life is hard because I'm a woman" type of thing. But because she is a woman she feels all kinds of ways about things, so there's that.

Anyway, barely worth spending a couple hours on, but it was ok. She still solicits a couple... maybe a few.... chuckles in her delivery, here and there. If nothing else it's an interesting glimpse behind the scenes of a war zone press pool.

Also I didn't feel like Billy Bob Thorton really pulled off the Marine Colonel. He didn't even get the correct haircut. Also he wouldn't have been in that theater of war for four years straight, and also the Marines wouldn't have been wearing the (almost) bright green shirts in the one scene, and also they were wearing desert tan over there. So there were some military stupids but whatever.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."