Dunkirk

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dunkirk

Post by Leisher »

Trailer for the newest Nolan film:

Ruined by an extra?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Dunkirk

Post by GORDON »

Didn't really care for it.

And I don't think this is a spoiler, but I didn't like the "skipping around in the timeline" style. And I could see why he had to do it... because if he showed it chronologically, there would be about 3 minutes of action at the end, and that's it. So, yeah.

ALso, they said there were 400k men on the beach, and at any given time you could see about 2k. Poorly done.

Didn't care for it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Dunkirk

Post by thibodeaux »

I actually didn't hate it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dunkirk

Post by Leisher »

There will be spoilers here.

How accurate was it? (After reading that I'm waiting for someone to claim Nolan is racist. Based on his exclusions, I'm not sure they'd be wrong.)

I didn't care for this film, and I think the editing left a LOT to be desired. The story being told completely out of sequence sucked. Not because such a method doesn't work, but because it's done so poorly here.

The film never evoked any emotion from me whatsoever. I never felt any sense of panic or dread or even remotely felt the hopelessness that I was supposed to feel. I did not understand why that guy dropped his stuff and dove into the water. I know why he did in real life (Yes, it happened), but the film never got me to that point.

So many little things bugged me.

The only enemy we ever saw were planes, and why were they only called "the enemy"? Is it not PC to identify the Germans?

What was with Hardy not shooting when he had the bomber in his sights?

The entire "guys in the boat waiting for the tide" scene was simply terrible. I enjoyed the magic bullets that came from below a floating boat...

Glad I watched it so I know the story, but this isn't Saving Private Ryan.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Dunkirk

Post by thibodeaux »

Still better than Wonder Woman.

Although I would totally bang Gal Gadot.