General Star Wars News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Good question.

Does it just cover the number of copies going to distributors? IE: Not copies actually being bought in stores by consumers, but copies being put into stores by those distributors.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by GORDON »

85% of this would actually be pretty cool, spliced into Ep 4.

"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: 85% of this would actually be pretty cool, spliced into Ep 4.
However, I am amazed at how over Star Wars I am at this point.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Games of Thrones people doing 'next' Star Wars movie

I'm really torn on thi.
It can't be worse than The Last Jedi can it?
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It can't be worse than The Last Jedi can it?
Probably not? But this season of GoT doesn't inspire hope.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

Troy

General Star Wars News

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote:
Make him Thrawn.
How did I miss Zahn writing a new Thrawn book? Has anyone read it?

Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Imagine if Disney had simply filmed Zahn's books instead of what they gave us.

I thought Zahn's books were no longer canon, so is this one in or out?
Troy

General Star Wars News

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Imagine if Disney had simply filmed Zahn's books instead of what they gave us.

I thought Zahn's books were no longer canon, so is this one in or out?
It’s a new Zhan book, and it’s in the new canon. Reviews even say its good?! Have to finish a few other books first but will add it to the list.
Vince

General Star Wars News

Post by Vince »

It becoming cleat that Disney bought a brand new shiny big toy with the SW property and had no idea what they wanted to do with it or where they wanted to go. Other than making sure Lucas had nothing at all to do with it which doesn't look like that was the best move.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: It becoming cleat that Disney bought a brand new shiny big toy with the SW property and had no idea what they wanted to do with it or where they wanted to go. Other than making sure Lucas had nothing at all to do with it which doesn't look like that was the best move.
Not entirely accurate. They handed the reigns to Lucas' ally Cathleen Kennedy thinking she would be the perfect person to steer the ship. They didn't realize she would use that power to promote a SJW agenda. They also didn't realize she was a completely incompetent twit who didn't bother overseeing the overall story. That's how you had JJ make a decent yet unoriginal film, while Rian then came in and destroyed the story with his shitty writing.

But yeah, they certain didn't copy Marvel's successful formula.
GORDON
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by GORDON »

Lucas had to.get.out from behind the camera, but his ideas were decent. Kennedy is just a disaster and should be blacklisted.
Vince

General Star Wars News

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: Lucas had to.get.out from behind the camera, but his ideas were decent. Kennedy is just a disaster and should be blacklisted.
Yes. They should have followed the mold for Empire.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Kevin Feige is going to make a Star Wars film.

I hope it doesn't affect his Marvel work.

In other news, George was legit mad they didn't use his template going forward.

Here's the most interesting bit:
“Just prior to the global release, Kathy screened The Force Awakens for George. He didn’t hide his disappointment.” Iger continued. “’There’s nothing new,’ he said. In each of the films in the original trilogy, it was important to him to present new worlds, new stories, new characters, and new technologies. In this one, he said, ‘There weren’t enough visual or technical leaps forward.’ He wasn’t wrong, but he also wasn’t appreciating the pressure we were under to give ardent fans a film that felt quintessentially Star Wars.
Now if you remember, before TFA came out, we were treated to a glowing review of the film from Lucas...
GORDON
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by GORDON »

The Marvel work has been handed off the the LGBT community.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: but he also wasn’t appreciating the pressure we were under to give ardent fans a film that felt quintessentially Star Wars.
But that pressure disappeared before Episode VIII?
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: but he also wasn’t appreciating the pressure we were under to give ardent fans a film that felt quintessentially Star Wars.
But that pressure disappeared before Episode VIII?
Accurate Zing that I have since stolen and posted at that link.
Vince

General Star Wars News

Post by Vince »

Star Wars Reveals [SPOILER] Built The Empire, Not Palpatine

Awesome. I was afraid there might be original characters they weren't going to get around to shitting on.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »