G.L.O.W.

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by Leisher »

Netflix is doing a series about the Glamorous Ladies Of Wrestling.

I remember this from back in the day. I think it was on after Morton Downey Jr?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Re: G.L.O.W.

Post by TheCatt »

Hah... I remember watching it a few times.

That first letter was mostly a lie, iirc. And it was Gorgeous, not Glamorous.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: G.L.O.W.

Post by Leisher »

Weren't Hollywood and Vine hot? I remember them and...nobody else. There might have been a fat one?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by Leisher »

June 23rd.

Alison Brie is in it, so cool.
Leisher
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by Leisher »

Alison Brie gets naked and rides the shit out of a guy in the first episode. Ok, that's out of the way, so let me talk about the actual show...

Each episode is around 30 minutes and is a mix of comedy and drama. The drama parts are pretty serious subjects, but they don't spend a lot of time on it. They get in and out so they can focus on the comedy and character development.

The cast is amazing. Seriously, this should contend for an Emmy in casting. Everyone is incredible, but hilariously the person who stands out in a show about female empowerment is Marc Maron who plays the director. He is the glue of the show and so perfectly acts like a 80s guy. His performance is off the charts awesome.

Don't worry about the wrestling aspect, it's not about that. In fact, the wrestling doesn't even really happen until around episode 8.

They NAIL the time period (80s) like Stranger Things (also 80s) and F is For Family (70s).

After finishing it tonight, Netflix recommended a documentary on G.L.O.W. and it was only an hour, so I watched that. It's interesting to see how much of the original show they used for this show. No characters are the same, but you can see who they were based upon. Also, the real back story is much different than what is portrayed in the show. Oddly there are two original wrestlers that look exactly like actors in the new show and vice versa. The documentary proves some of the women are hotter than what we remember. The makeup and terrible 80s hair hides some of that, but they are some obvious hotties.

Back to the new G.L.O.W., I highly recommend it. Watch it with your spouse. (Not your kids as there's nudity, language, drug use, etc.)

It's a great show.
TheCatt
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by TheCatt »

Like, Alison Brie naughty bits naked, or Alison Brie assumed naked, but no naughty bits?
Leisher
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by Leisher »

Alison Brie I saw everything but bush naked.
TheCatt
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Alison Brie I saw everything but bush naked.
I'm in.
GORDON
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by GORDON »

Shaved? Nice.

I remember the actual GLOW women in the 80s... Weren't they all kinda thick and ugly?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Shaved? Nice.

I remember the actual GLOW women in the 80s... Weren't they all kinda thick and ugly?
That's my memory, Leisher says two were hot.
Leisher
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by Leisher »

They were NOT all thick and ugly. They had a couple of large women, yes, but there were a bunch of 80s style hotties. A couple in the documentary were still pretty decent looking middle aged women.
GORDON
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by GORDON »

Watched the first episode... and couldn't figure out which one was Allison until after her sex scene.

Why does she look, like, 41 years old, now?
Leisher
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Why does she look, like, 41 years old, now?
I think it's the 80s filter they put on everything.

The look of women in the 80s did not age well.
GORDON
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by GORDON »

Finished the first season. The show was better than I thought it would be. Looking forward to S2.
GORDON
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by GORDON »

Is it just me, or does the woman who is supposed to be from England clearly have an Australian accent?

Also, this show is very good. Way better than I thought.
TheCatt
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Is it just me, or does the woman who is supposed to be from England clearly have an Australian accent?

Also, this show is very good. Way better than I thought.
Dont know. Do her boobies have an Australian accent, too?
GORDON
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by GORDON »

They motorboat in the opposite direction, so yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by Leisher »

I started season 2 Sunday night, and the show is still excellent.

The way they capture the time period continues to be stunning. It's not just a fashion or hair thing either. The themes and lifestyles all fit that era, and it's mind boggling that we were so stupid in some ways.

There is a really good episode where one of the ladies has her kid show up to a taping, and it evokes feels.

I like how the show is really empowering to females, yet not in a "all men are douchenozzles" way. The women are just as flawed, it's just that their opportunities to show it differ from the men due to the era.

I continue to be amazed that this show is so damn good.

Renewed for a third season.
Leisher
Site Admin

G.L.O.W.

Post by Leisher »

The scenes in the hospital are hilarious because Marc Maron is smoking the whole time. I kept waiting for someone to stop him, then I realized this show is set in the 80s.

The 8th episode of this season is a throw away for the most part because it's "an actual episode of GLOW". Not the show you're watching, but the fictional show they make. Really well done, but a bit jarring if you're expecting the story lines to be advanced.