Black Panther

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: The first chart is kind of bullshit. The numbers are accurate, but they're implying a cause of race that isn't there, at least when comparing whites and blacks. When you pull from both races people that finish high school, wait until they're married to have children, and (I think was included) came from a two parent home, the two groups are fairly comparable in income. Actually, black women from that subgroup tends to outperform both whites and men on income on average.
1 - Who's cherry-picking data now?

2 - You're talking income, not wealth, which is what that chart is.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Black Panther

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: 1 - Who's cherry-picking data now?

2 - You're talking income, not wealth, which is what that chart is.
1. I don't know. I never mentioned cherry picking data. I'm just comparing like groups for study. If you're going to do a study or statistic to find a racial impact, then you have to remove as many of the other differences as possible. That's just basic scientific method.

2 - I'll give you that. I'm not sure how that would matter. How could racism impact one's ability to accumulate wealth after income?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: 2 - I'll give you that. I'm not sure how that would matter. How could racism impact one's ability to accumulate wealth after income?
I can't tell if you're being serious any more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2520118

https://www.theroot.com/redlining-2-0-h ... 1823083306

Also historical wealth (generational, inheritance), even small, has impact, particularly on those starting out points that you want to sweep away.
GORDON
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by GORDON »

I think Catts super sensitive on this subject because he's black, and you know how they are.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I think Catts super sensitive on this subject because he's black, and you know how they are.
I'm glad someone remembers what I had to overcome.
GORDON
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by GORDON »

*fist to chest*
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: I think Catts super sensitive on this subject because he's black, and you know how they are.
I'm glad someone remembers what I had to overcome.
I think you live the most privileged life out of all of us.

As usual, us Hispanics get ignored. We number more than you, but we have less political clout than you. It's bullshit!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I think you live the most privileged life out of all of us.
We sufferedmore than you.
Vince

Black Panther

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: 2 - I'll give you that. I'm not sure how that would matter. How could racism impact one's ability to accumulate wealth after income?
I can't tell if you're being serious any more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2520118

https://www.theroot.com/redlining-2-0-h ... 1823083306

Also historical wealth (generational, inheritance), even small, has impact, particularly on those starting out points that you want to sweep away.
What is the mortgage default rate among minorities compared to whites? I'm not saying that racism is never involved. What I've always said is when that's the first thing you go to, you're dooming that race to failure because there will always be some level of racism, and as long as you give them an out to avoid personal responsibility (like finishing school and waiting until you're married to have kids and parents staying together to raise their kids) then they will always fail because the man is just out to get them and there's nothing you can do about it.

Studies show that inherited wealth has almost no impact within 3 generations, because usually by then it's gone because the people that earned it learned the discipline to keep it where as the ones that inherit it do not have those skills. There are a few exceptions, but those are usually not exceptions for any reason other than the family started out so stinking rich that even the fuck up grandkids weren't able to squander it all. Talking Kennedy's and Vanderbilt's and all.
GORDON
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by GORDON »

"Low expectations" is racism... and it's more insidious than a group of the 8 KKK guys they could scrape together for a rally in Alabama.

Approximately half the country thinks black people can't take care of themselves.
Vince

Black Panther

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: "Low expectations" is racism... and it's more insidious than a group of the 8 KKK guys they could scrape together for a rally in Alabama.

Approximately half the country thinks black people can't take care of themselves.
Exactly.
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I think you live the most privileged life out of all of us.
We sufferedmore than you.
Bitch please. The only reason Dems want us legalized is so they can keep their cheap labor, ie: slaves.

Also, fun fact: The most educated demographic in the U.S. is black women.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Also, fun fact: The most educated demographic in the U.S. is black women.
Another fun fact: Your fun fact is not a fact. Not even close to being a fact.

Vince

Black Panther

Post by Vince »

Those damned oppressed Asians though...
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Also, fun fact: The most educated demographic in the U.S. is black women.
Another fun fact: Your fun fact is not a fact. Not even close to being a fact.

That is the incorrect metric. Not even close to being the correct metric.

Here is the study you're looking for.

Racist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
That is the incorrect metric. Not even close to being the correct metric.

Here is the study you're looking for.

Racist.

You said black women were the most educated. They are not. They are disproportionately educated within their racial group but that doesn't mean most educated.
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by Leisher »

Tell them.

Or them.

Or them.

Aren't you due back at your klan rally? Racist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Aren't you due back at your klan rally? Racist.
I'm telling you, who was spreading misinformation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Aren't you due back at your klan rally? Racist.
I'm telling you, who was spreading misinformation.
Take your hate elsewhere Nazi!
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Panther

Post by Leisher »

Marvel to push for Black Panther to get Best Picture nomination.

Uh...no.

Black Panther was good, but it's grossly overrated. Just because it was a "black superhero" movie doesn't automatically make it awesome or best picture worthy.

We saw this same bullshit hysteria with Wonder Woman.