Short Film Thread

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Gift

Short film with a message. I enjoyed it, but then again, I can relate. I'm sure others will argue that those two things aren't similar, but they're more alike than not.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Meh.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I am just not a dog person. Unless they are doing some job, I just see them as a back up source of emergency food. I was watching the video wondering what was wrong with the girl... Was she autistic and incapable of showing emotion? Turns out yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Short Film Thread

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Short Film Thread

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Short Film Thread

Post by Leisher »

A classic I was reminded of...

Better than the current DC movies? Probably.
GORDON
Site Admin

Short Film Thread

Post by GORDON »

I never post these so when I do, pay attention.

Leisher
Site Admin

Short Film Thread

Post by Leisher »

Nathan Fillion made an Uncharted fan film.
Leisher
Site Admin

Short Film Thread

Post by Leisher »

Huluween Shorts

Swiped to Death -
Cute, but completely predictable. Do NOT watch the 18 second trailer that completely ruins the short by giving everything away.

Undo -
Predictable and extremely light on story.
Leisher
Site Admin

Short Film Thread

Post by Leisher »

https://youtu.be/UpOJzIvmCCk
Leisher
Site Admin

Short Film Thread

Post by Leisher »

I fell into a short film rabbit hole today, and I'm loving it. Only posting the ones I think are worth seeing. I watched a lot more. Ignore the times on the videos as they include credits and whatnot. For example, the first one felt like it was only 3 minutes long despite the running time being much longer.

Horror short. No exposition or explaining. You're just right into the action. The final kill is both funny and cool.
https://youtu.be/f9jd6lyGvMI

This one screams Lovecraft. It really pays respect to the horror from that era. Very simple and well done.
https://youtu.be/gs5zQBBOXrA

But is this version better?
https://youtu.be/qWDhq9XFhM4

Not horror, but an Oscar winner.
https://youtu.be/k1vCrsZ80M4

This one's simple and cool. Takes an unnamed kid's game (freeze?) to a different level.
https://youtu.be/TGZg1YqXv9o

This one's in the vein of Idiocracy. Can't you see this being a real issue these days?
https://youtu.be/Zh3Yz3PiXZw

This one's cool. It'll be Gordon's favorite.
https://youtu.be/KkPgGhYvoi8
GORDON
Site Admin

Short Film Thread

Post by GORDON »

I'm putting this in this thread, since the "DUST" things are all short films.

I fucking quit, on DUST films. They keep popping up in my YT recommendations, ranging from 6 minutes, to 35 minutes. I typically skip them... who has 5 minutes to watch a questionable video? But invariably I watch one or two a night, and am usually mildly disappointed. It seems they rarely tell a story, just present a semi-interesting idea, and then never develop it. Usually they just show a pretty woman living within that situation. "2 years ago the alien probe started circling the earth, observing us. So now here's a pretty woman scavenging metal and we'll never address that alien probe again."

But last night was the end. I couldn't find the remote and it auto-played, so I let it run.... 35 fucking minutes, called "Anomaly." It started out interesting, like the 60's space program, but something is amiss. It started 3 different weird threads of a story, and didn't tie up a single fucking one. Said nothing, went nowhere.

Fuck DUST films.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Short Film Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Gift

Short film with a message. I enjoyed it, but then again, I can relate. I'm sure others will argue that those two things aren't similar, but they're more alike than not.
Somehow I never saw this. (or, forgot it). Cute/touching.

I guess I had this tab saved to watch the newer ones, but haven't yet.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Short Film Thread

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I fucking quit, on DUST films. They keep popping up in my YT recommendations,
I get them too. I think I've seen one that I enjoyed. The rest were mostly meh.
Cakedaddy

Short Film Thread

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Gift

Somehow I never saw this. (or, forgot it). Cute/touching.

I guess I had this tab saved to watch the newer ones, but haven't yet.
Well. She DID have red hair. . . But seriously, death to people that abandon animals like that. I'm looking at you Chris Pratt and Anna Ferris.
Leisher
Site Admin

Short Film Thread

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Short Film Thread

Post by GORDON »

I stopped watching these because they were frequently incomplete ideas and/or lame, but the cast of this one got my interest.

This one is worth watching.

Leisher
Site Admin

Short Film Thread

Post by Leisher »

That was cool.
Cakedaddy

Short Film Thread

Post by Cakedaddy »

They did that same experiment in an episode of Evil. Different results.