Star Wars: The Force Awakens

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Malcolm

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:I do assume that.
You could do it by blowing up a ship or planet she's on, but I'd go carbonite freeze plus a drop from a really tall ceiling in front of Rey for the full-blown Hamil-esque "Noooooooooo," moment.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:I hope Rey got to have a mother-daughter moment with her first.
Pervert.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I wish people would stop caving to the internet crazies.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Damn, that family's dropping out quickly.
Debbie Reynolds has reportedly been rushed to the hospital after suffering a possible stroke.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't understand the outrage over either Tweet.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:I don't understand the outrage over either Tweet.
"I need to be outraged because I have no worth otherwise and I need the universe to know I exist."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:Damn, that family's dropping out quickly.
Debbie Reynolds has reportedly been rushed to the hospital after suffering a possible stroke.
And, dead according to this
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Finally saw this on a free movie channel weekend. The wife and I had just finished all 6 previous movies over the last couple of months. She had never seen them in their entirety. It gave an interesting view of Lucas' strengths and weaknesses. These actors were much better directed. Also a lot of the framing of scenes was much better, Abrams always does action well, though Lucas did well enough there also. But hands down, Lucas was better at creating a rich planet. The only setting in this movie that seemed to have any character or history was the Starkiller, and all of that was "borrowed" from the Deathstar.

It was annoying that Rey has become powerful enough as a Jedi with only having found out they aren't a myth 24 hours before and no training that she was able to fight a trained Sith Lord apprentice to a standstill.

Overall, it was enjoyable. Excited to see what happens next (which is also a strength of Abrams).
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Lucas won't shut the fuck up. Now he's explaining why Han shot first. Notice how he's trying to retcon it to say Han shot first all along, we just couldn't tell? They point out in the article that nobody but Lucas says the original script had Greedo shooting first.

As someone else on the FB points out: "So Indy can shot the swordsman without cause, but Han can't shoot Greedo who has a gun in Han's face and is telling him he's collecting a bounty on him?"

Another point: The hero of your movie can murder hundreds of thousands of people with a single shot from his X-Wing and that's ok, but Han can't shoot a bounty hunter before the bounty hunter shoots him? I mean, there HAD to be families on that Death Star.

To reaffirm that Lucas is full of shit, I dug up this article about his first script.

Han shot first.

Edited By Leisher on 1448984110
Another change