Inside Amy Schumer

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by Leisher »

Yay Netflix!

I watched her "The Leather Special" stand up last night.

It started off well because she opened with a joke about herself getting so much popularity and letting it go to her head. I thought, "Ok, she's showing humility and maybe this will be good."

Nope.

I'm pretty sure I didn't crack a smile during the whole show. I think there might have been one line that I thought was good, but the rest is just her talking about being fat, saying "pussy" a thousand times, a bunch of really hackney day in the life of me bullshit that reeks of "I got caught stealing jokes, and I'm out of material", and a speech about gun control.

The gun control thing didn't even turn me off as I don't disagree with the points she made. Not at all. "Don't let terrorists, blind people, or folks with domestic abuse histories buy guns." Hard to argue with that stuff. And that bugged me. It was like she was back tracking in a forum where she would have the only word and wouldn't be questioned. She said far dumber things publicly about gun control. So this felt like a PR move.

I'm not a person who thinks she's completely without value. Trainwreck is a good movie and skits on her show were hilarious. Just because she publicly melted down doesn't make that stuff less funny or good, ala Chappelle. There was even a hot minute where she would have been considered fuckable thanks to her humor and confidence.

However, she needs to reinvent herself a bit before she fades into total obscurity. Your material can't all be about you being a fat whore. It gets old.

Overall, this was a terrible standup special.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by Leisher »

Somehow this news missed me or I forgot it. Amy Schumer's a massive joke thief. This video is fascinating. Most of them she doesn't even try to hide. She did Ellen's joke to her on her own fucking show!

Leisher
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by GORDON »

Fuuuuuck no.

She is not my unicorn.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fuuuuuck no.

She is not my unicorn.
I liked it when the hidden messages are easy to find.
GORDON
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by GORDON »

Blech.
Leisher
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by Leisher »

Her new husband is on the spectrum.

I mean...wouldn't he have to be?
Leisher
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by Leisher »

Getting a show on Food Network with her chef husband.

I wonder if she'll hire writers or just continue to steal jokes for the show?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by TheCatt »

Amy Schumer just saved her kid years of teasing.

The comedic actress revealed on the latest episode of her podcast "3 Girls, 1 Keith" that she and her husband officially changed her toddler's name after realizing that it sounded like "genital."
"It's now Gene David Fischer," she said of her 11-month-old son. "It was Gene Attell Fischer but we realized that we, by accident, named our son 'genital.'"
Leisher
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by Leisher »

I would completely believe she did this intentionally just so she could get some press later when she changed it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by Leisher »

A long collection of jokes Amy Schumer did contrasted with who did them originally.

https://youtu.be/4eDxjxVl8S0
Cakedaddy

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Somehow this news missed me or I forgot it. Amy Schumer's a massive joke thief. This video is fascinating. Most of them she doesn't even try to hide. She did Ellen's joke to her on her own fucking show!

https://youtu.be/4eDxjxVl8S0
Is it any different from this one?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Is it any different from this one?
Lol, I thought this seemed familiar.
GORDON
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by GORDON »

I do that sometimes. Sucks to get old.
Leisher
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by Leisher »

It popped back up in my YouTube feed. That's unusual. Normally it doesn't recommend videos you have already watched.
GORDON
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by GORDON »

I've been noticing my youtube recommended seems to be forgetting vids I watched over 3 years ago. Like, that's as far back as their watch history goes. They pop back up without that "progress" bar at the bottom showing you watched it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Inside Amy Schumer

Post by Leisher »

YouTube needs to just add a little icon to show you watched it. Hell, I was even able to like the video, which I'm sure I would have done previously, so something was up.

The most important thing though is that Amy Schumer is a joke stealing twat and her career should be over like fellow joke thief Carlos Mencia.