Venom (2018)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Venom (2018)

Post by Leisher »

Nothing in the IMDB page yet, but Sony is moving forward with a Spider-Man spin off movie starring Venom.

Topher Grace might not be brought back as Sony isn't sure he can carry a picture on his own.

There is only one possible villain since they can't make Venom a villain in his own movie, nor can they make Spidey the villain. That means, it will probably be Carnage.

Carnage is a piece of venom that separated in a fight with Spider-Man and attached itself to a serial killer on death row...or something like that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

If they want to do the Carnage thing proper-like, this thing might be pushing the R rating. Carnage is supposed to be an obscenely violent, sick individual.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You know that won't make it R rated for fear of losing box office revenue that teens would bring in.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Then Carnage is going to be a fucking pussy & the flick will suck if he's the villain.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Vince

Post by Vince »

The 3rd Spiderman was sad. I was able to give them the first one. They gave a nod to the Gwen Stacy line with the bridge scene. Then they undid it all by putting her in the third one. Then there was the horrid dance scene which I was actually embarassed for all involved as I watched it.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Then there was the horrid dance scene which I was actually embarassed for all involved as I watched it.

I felt the same way. It was uncomfortable to watch.

3 wasn't great for a few reasons, one of which is Hollywood's love of multiple villains in a movie.

Hey Hollywood, if you had writers and directors who could tell a decent story, you wouldn't need to ruin your movies with so many filler characters.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm not sold on the Venom film either. I find his character to be pretty boring, except as it relates to other characters.

In the comics, Venom isn't even hosted by Eddie Brock anymore. It moved onto Mac Gargon (or is it Gorgan?), the former Scorpion. It also has far more control over him than it did Eddie Brock, so he's far more evil. For example, he eats a lot of people now. I doubt we'll see that behavior in the Sony film.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Venom

Post by Leisher »

50 Shades of Grey writer penning latest script.

Script writer, not novel writer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Venom

Post by Leisher »

That last moment...he looks nice, but fake.

thibodeaux

Venom

Post by thibodeaux »

Tom Hardy...interesting.
Leisher
Site Admin

Venom

Post by Leisher »

The more I look at that still of Venom, the worse he looks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Venom

Post by TheCatt »

Looks like he's eating a big dick
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Venom

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Looks like he's eating a big dick
"We don't see the world as it is, we see it as we are."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Venom

Post by Leisher »

Zing!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Venom

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Looks like he's eating a big dick
"We don't see the world as it is, we see it as we are."
Admittedly, my big dick gets eaten a lot
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Venom

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Venom

Post by Leisher »

Projected for a $160-175M opening.

However, the reviews are starting to come in...
Think Affleck Daredevil. Think Ang Lee Hulk. Think Halle Berry Catwoman. That’s… I mean, that’s really all there is to be said, I think.
– Meg Downey, CBR
RT compiles some other quotes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Venom

Post by Leisher »