TV - (And book!) - The Magicians

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

TV - (And Books) - Grossman - The Magicians

Post by GORDON »

S4 starts tomorrow.... already been approved for S5.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... fy-1177998
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Book - Grossman - The Magicians

Post by GORDON »

Just finished S4 on Netflix. Quality remains high.

Here's a bit of the tone of this show:

There's an ancient tome that no one can read. They figure out they need blood to make the words readable.

The hot, feisty chick says, "No problem." She grabs the book and starts leaving the room. Says "BRB" on the way out. Literally, B-R-B. She comes back a moment later and there's a tampon string sticking out from between the pages. The other are like, "Ewww." She says, "What? It's shark week."

But they can read the book now.
GORDON
Site Admin

Book - Grossman - The Magicians

Post by GORDON »

The final season, 5, is currently airing. I'm doing a rewatch of the series with my kid, who's never seen it.

Season 3. So many great episodes. They're doing a quest.

Goal is "Key.". To get the key, the group has to do side-quest A. But the quest is fucked, so they split.the group to do side-quest B. Group 1 accomplishes their bit, but Group 2 can't and moves on the side-quest C. While waiting, Group 1 falls into side-quest D, but realizes someone lied before and now they revisit quest B.

I.told my kid this was getting convoluted and a person can't even remember the original quest, and he laughed at me because he has no trouble following it because he's smarter than me.

Sigh.

He's right, but also grounded.
GORDON
Site Admin

TV - (And book!) - The Magicians

Post by GORDON »

The show has concluded, on SyFy, anyway. I haven't heard of any talks of another network picking it up, but you know how these things go. The show concluded, it can rest.

Last episode was good. It was predictable, I called what would happen about 4 episodes ago, but it's a fun ride. There were 2 or 3 episodes through the series that would make you cry like a little girl viking, and will stick with you for a long time.

Recommend.