Movie: The Dark Tower

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

About a week ago, Stephen King came out and praised it.

I had a feeling then that it was shit. Not because he doesn't know how to tell (most of) a story, but because they wheeled him out to put out a good vibe.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Every review I've seen has been harsh at best.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Sucked. I don't know what the hell they were thinking. They had 7 books to draw from, and the first book was where they should have started, and this is just a million miles away from it.

Sucked.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Finally saw it last night. I regret watching it. What a terrible movie.

Matthew McConaughy was just fucking horrendous. To be fair, so was his character. He offered zero threat, zero style, and was a mashup of terrible cliches.

I'm not The Dark Tower fan that Gordon is, but I know how he feels. This was a colossal failure at every level.

I will say seeing Abbey Lee's pretty face was the sole redeeming value the movie had. Oh, and the reloading skills.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I saw it a few months ago. Regret watching it. Was it meant to be a joke?