Movie: The Dark Tower

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Also some crap about Cloverfield 2 and STar Trek...

<object width="480" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://cache.reelzchannel.com/assets/fl ... Player.swf" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="flashvars" value="clipid=32271"><embed src="http://cache.reelzchannel.com/assets/fl ... Player.swf" AllowScriptAccess="always" width="480" height="300" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" mode="transparent" flashvars="clipid=32271"/></object><style>.syn{font-family:Arial;font-size:11px;color:#999;}.syn A{color:#999;}</style><div class="syn"><a href='http://www.reelzchannel.com/show/21/dailies'>Dailies</a> | <a href='http://www.reelzchannel.com/person/7904 ... brams'>J.J. Abrams</a></div>
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'm still not convinced that fuckwit has any actual talent.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Article.

JJ Abrams and crew couldn't pull it off, so Ron Howard's going to give it a try.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Shit. That sounds horrible. Is Bjork doing the music?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Directed by Ron Howard. Bleh. Fuck him in his Da Vinci code ass. I'm waiting till they announce Keanu Reeves or Ashton Kutcher as the Gunslinger.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Dead.

At least on this level of the Tower.

http://www.reuters.com/article....0110719

Edited By GORDON on 1311120185
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Javier Bardem was supposed to star.

Ok. That would've been interesting. But still, fuck Ron Howard. Someone else willing to drop the cash on what will undoubtedly be a very expensive franchise will come along.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

WB wants the rights.

http://www.mania.com/wb-wants-dark-tower_article_132379.html

Edited By GORDON on 1331666829
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Update. Sony gets the rights after WB fucked up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Movie: The Dark Tower

Post by GORDON »

So Idris Elba is Roland the Gunslinger, and that bugs me because he doesn't match the description of the character in the book, and thus doesn't match at all the character I've had in my head for 20 years I'm just super racist.

And peeps have been mentioning how there's a character who shows up, a crippled black woman, who is just super racist against white Roland, and it's a major part of the story, and people are wondering how that will work in the movie, now.

I just figured it out.... the woman will be white and super racist against black people. It's obvious.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The Duke Nukem Forever of movies rolls on.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Stop me if you've heard this, but there's a delay.
A film version of Stephen King’s apocalyptic saga was originally set for release on Feb. 17, but now will shift to the summer of 2017, sources close to the film tell EW. UPDATE: Sony has informed distributors that the new release date will be July 28.
Wow. That's a bit of a shift going from "post-xmas no man's land" to "competing with summer blockbusters." Especially interesting because the budget is only around $60M. Most summer flicks have way more cash to throw around.
The movie stars Idris Elba as Roland the Gunslinger and Matthew McConaughey as a sorcerer known as the Man in Black, both of whom are on a quest to reach the mystical tower that stands at the nexus of countless dimensions.
Alright alright alright.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I read the first two or three of these books many years ago, but I don't remember ANY of this stuff.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've read the first 3 books about 5 times, the 4th one twice, and the last 3 once. I could recognize most events in that trailer... and so far I like the look of it. I didn't like "There are no more gunslingers," because in the books Roland never denied what he was.

In the books King mentioned more than once Roland's "reloading trick," implying that he could reload his 6-shooters in an instant and keep firing. He was smart enough to never try to describe it in text. I like what I saw in this trailer, regarding that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have no recollection of the kid at all.

I remember the gunslinger, Flagg, the scorpion things, and lots of injuries...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The kid... Jake... is huge part of the books. And they are def mashing up his story from the first two books.

Dod-a-chok?