Netflix

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Cockblockers of progress.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, streaming is great compared to stealing.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It has only ever affected me once in however many years when we were watching some educational show and it got pulled midway through the season (as we were watching it). Otherwise, there's always something else to watch.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Agree with Gordon. From day one, stuff comes and goes. They've never had everything available at all times. I've never been under the impression that Netflix had everything and would always have everything.

If you click on the link near the bottom of Leisher's article, you'll see all the movies that left 12/1 and all the movies the came through the month of 12.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1418692019
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That's.... amusing.
Vince

Post by Vince »

The comments on that article are interesting. I fall in the camp of "go to bed" instead of "pretend they're staying up for New Years". When did it become wrong to set milestones for your kids that they can start doing different things at different ages?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Vince wrote:The comments on that article are interesting. I fall in the camp of "go to bed" instead of "pretend they're staying up for New Years". When did it become wrong to set milestones for your kids that they can start doing different things at different ages?
The first time I let my kid stay up til midnight for New Year's... the first time til midnight in his life, actually... he was 5. He got so overly tired he puked all over his bed 15 minutes after the ball dropped.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

And parents wonder why their children aren't fully honest with them...
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:And parents wonder why their children aren't fully honest with them...
Mine is. He has an anxiety attack if he tries to keep something from me.

At least that is what he has led me to believe....
Vince

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote:
Vince wrote:The comments on that article are interesting. I fall in the camp of "go to bed" instead of "pretend they're staying up for New Years". When did it become wrong to set milestones for your kids that they can start doing different things at different ages?
The first time I let my kid stay up til midnight for New Year's... the first time til midnight in his life, actually... he was 5. He got so overly tired he puked all over his bed 15 minutes after the ball dropped.
So maybe he hit that milestone a little too soon?

I don't feel so bad now. Your kid just generally pukes whenever anything out of the ordinary happens. He's like Stan from Southpark.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Actually, he has puked fewer than 10 times his entire life. I can almost list every time. There was like 4 years between 1 and 5 when he hadn't puked at all.

edit - One of the more memorial times was the day after we got new carpet. He wanted to camp out on it overnight. In the middle of the night he puked tacos all over it.

Edited By GORDON on 1420050968
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't think letting kids stay up to see the ball drop is where the "Be a better parent" flag needs to be stuck into the ground.

It's a single night of the year and if parents want to deal with crabby kids for 3 hours while they wait for the ball to drop, who does it affect except them? Those annoying little shits are the reason they're not out drunk with their friends, why can't they enjoy them?

As for what Netflix is doing, just accept that it's kind of a cool thing a corporation is doing for parents that they didn't have to do and move on.

One of the more memorial times was the day after we got new carpet. He wanted to camp out on it overnight. In the middle of the night he puked tacos all over it.

That's your fault. How could you not see that was a setup? That situation had only one possible outcome.

Edited By Leisher on 1420051226
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:That's your fault. How could you not see that was a setup? That situation had only one possible outcome.
I was actually online gaming with you when it happened. I didn't know he had puked in his sleep until my drunk wife got home from the bar and started screaming. She's uptight even when sober. That was a fun night.

Gordo had to Regulate.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:I don't think letting kids stay up to see the ball drop is where the "Be a better parent" flag needs to be stuck into the ground.

It's a single night of the year and if parents want to deal with crabby kids for 3 hours while they wait for the ball to drop, who does it affect except them? Those annoying little shits are the reason they're not out drunk with their friends, why can't they enjoy them?

As for what Netflix is doing, just accept that it's kind of a cool thing a corporation is doing for parents that they didn't have to do and move on.
I don't mind parents letting their kids stay up. Doesn't make them a bad parent. Don't think they're bad parents if they tell their kids they're too young yet to do it. It's just the pretending it's midnight for the kids because you don't want them staying up, but are too gutless to tell them to go to bed that bothers me I guess. If you can't make a decision on something simple like this without resorting to lying to your kid, then you probably weren't ready to have them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Gordo had to Regulate.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/eiWClZrJSZY?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/eiWClZrJSZY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

It's just the pretending it's midnight for the kids because you don't want them staying up, but are too gutless to tell them to go to bed that bothers me I guess.

You're WAY overcritical of this. What is wrong with some folks pretending it's midnight so they can celebrate with their kids while still being responsible parents and getting them to bed at a good time?

Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, religion, etc.

I'm just not seeing the harm to society.

Edited By Leisher on 1420052293
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

If you can't make a decision on something simple like this without resorting to lying to your kid, then you probably weren't ready to have them.

Atticus Finch had it figured. You lie to your kids, they lie to you.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya, holy shit Vince! Do you tell 5 year olds there's no Santa too!?
Vince

Post by Vince »

Telling kids there's a Santa because you want them to have that magic of Christmas is a different beast from telling kids it's midnight when it's actually 9 PM because you don't have a sack big enough to tell them they have to wait until they're older before they can stay up with you.

Santa is hard. It's something you're doing FOR your kid. This is just lazy and something the parents are doing for themselves because apparently parenting is hard.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's midnight somewhere.
It's not me, it's someone else.