Netflix

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by GORDON »

I'll give you that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

I wish Netflix had more stuff. We tried to show the kids movies/shows from when my wife and I were kids (They liked MacGyver on Amazon Prime), but shit just isn't there.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

Use justwatch.com or the Just Watch app.

It'll tell you where to find whatever you're trying to watch.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

Nice.
GORDON
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by GORDON »

Or ask your Roku remote what you want to watch,.and that works.
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

Toying with ads between shows.

There really isn't a story here. They're just using it to promote their own content, which is what every other service already does.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
There really isn't a story here. They're just using it to promote their own content, which is what every other service already does.
Which I also hate.

Netflix is already annoying enough that when I start the app it blares ads at me, and autostarts a bunch of shit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Netflix is already annoying enough that when I start the app it blares ads at me, and autostarts a bunch of shit.
Preach! Hate that shit and the generic music that gets played.
GORDON
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by GORDON »

I heard there was now a way to mute the autoplay. Didn't look into it yet. Probably account settings.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I heard there was now a way to mute the autoplay. Didn't look into it yet. Probably account settings.
I went to account settings and saw nothing
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

So I was working on my laptop, and realized my wife was watching a Netflix show about polyamory... and I'm like "Something you want to discuss with me?"

At any rate... instead of being an exploration of the history, culture, etc... It was an 18 minute "Blah blah blah" show called Explained, which barely explained much. (To Gordon's point about Netflix's overwhelming mediocrity)
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

Netflix spent over a billion dollars on new content last year. I'm seriously concerned that they need to start buying better content or Disney is going to destroy them.

We need competition in the marketplace.
GORDON
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by GORDON »

If Netflix says a show is available in 4k, and you are watching it on a 4k tv, how.do.you know if the stream is 4k?
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

No idea.

I tried watching some of their 3D stuff back when that was a thing, and it didn't work.
Cakedaddy

Netflix

Post by Cakedaddy »

You have to upgrade your subscription, I think. And you should 'just know'. Just like you would know if you were watching SD vs HD. At least to me, the difference is that drastic. And if you don't know. . . Stop paying for it. :-)
GORDON
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by GORDON »

Watching "Master of None ". It isn't exactly grand, cinematic camera work. Not sure if I'd know.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: You have to upgrade your subscription, I think. And you should 'just know'. Just like you would know if you were watching SD vs HD. At least to me, the difference is that drastic. And if you don't know. . . Stop paying for it. :-)
Gordon has the 4k plan.

We have a 4k TV, and I can tell, but it's not nearly as dramatic as the change from SDTV to HDTV.
GORDON
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by GORDON »

Which brings us back to... How do I know if it's actually streaming 4k?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Which brings us back to... How do I know if it's actually streaming 4k?
I don't know. Plex has a thing to see streaming stats, but I haven't seen that in Netflix.
Cakedaddy

Netflix

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote: You have to upgrade your subscription, I think. And you should 'just know'. Just like you would know if you were watching SD vs HD. At least to me, the difference is that drastic. And if you don't know. . . Stop paying for it. :-)
Gordon has the 4k plan.

We have a 4k TV, and I can tell, but it's not nearly as dramatic as the change from SDTV to HDTV.
Then I would bet the source material is lacking in quality. Plus, not all 4K TVs are equal. Solid 4k content on a $900 TV will look very different from that on a $2900 TV. Just like it did on low end HD tv vs high end.