Netflix

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

Jessica Jones and Daredevil may also get cancelled.

Perhaps Netflix is just going to get out of the Marvel business?

Remember, they bought Mark Millar's universe and have their own comic properties now...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe Netflix hates humans?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

I heard somewhere that Netflix is getting out of the way of Disney/Marvel.

They would keep the shows, but they don't see the point as Marvel has made it known that it will take back all of its properties as soon as it can. Netflix's thinking is why continuing pushing characters it will eventually lose when it has its own properties to develop. (Like Mark Millar's heroes and villains.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

That 2nd warning... everyone needs that.

I would also add "You really don't need to watch episodes 5 through 8: Here's a 2 minute synopsis of the filler episodes"
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I would also add "You really don't need to watch episodes 5 through 8: Here's a 2 minute synopsis of the filler episodes"
Unless the show is a comedy, this is spot on.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by GORDON »

Hate to say it, but...

Old.Man Shakes Fist at Cloud
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Hate to say it, but...

Old.Man Shakes Fist at Cloud
Nice play on words
GORDON
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by GORDON »

Yeppers.
Vince

Netflix

Post by Vince »

I think I'm okay with them not being in the Oscars. They probably belong in the Golden Globes.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by GORDON »

"Because it wasn't displayed in the correct format" is an idiotic way to judge a film, and Steven fucking Spielberg should know that.
Vince

Netflix

Post by Vince »

If it's exclusively on Netflix, it's a television movie. Netflix is just trying to cheap out on not putting movies out in theaters. If they want to change it to include all television movies for consideration as well, then I'm okay with that. I'm sure a lot of the artsy-fartsy directors would be okay with that as well. A lot easier to get some of these films on We than in theaters.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: If it's exclusively on Netflix, it's a television movie.
This isn't the Hallmark channel.
Vince wrote: Netflix is just trying to cheap out on not putting movies out in theaters.
Maybe theaters just don't matter as much any more?
GORDON
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by GORDON »

Vince wrote: If it's exclusively on Netflix, it's a television movie. Netflix is just trying to cheap out on not putting movies out in theaters. If they want to change it to include all television movies for consideration as well, then I'm okay with that. I'm sure a lot of the artsy-fartsy directors would be okay with that as well. A lot easier to get some of these films on We than in theaters.
I have read that the theaters refuse to screen Netflix.films, if they did the studios threatened to not let them screen ANY movie.. this was.news a couple years ago.
Vince

Netflix

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: If it's exclusively on Netflix, it's a television movie.
This isn't the Hallmark channel.
True, but if it's only going to ever be seen on a television screen, then it's a TV movie.
Maybe theaters just don't matter as much any more?
Also agree. I'd argue that the Oscars matter even less (especially in light of the last 10 years or so). Just argue to be in the Golden Globes and dominate the movie side there. It'd be better for their brand than losing to Grinding Nemo.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: then it's a TV movie.
Nope. TV Movies have commercial breaks (or places for them), low budgets, etc.

This was Alfonso Cuaron, nominated for 10 Oscars, winner of 4. Saying his work is Hallmark channel work is an insult to movies. Budget was $15M, very solid for an indie/artish movie.