Jessica Jones

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:It's on Netflix now and I have watched the first episode.
This show is dark.

About 20 minutes in (minor minor spoiler), I paused the show, and realized that was as light as the show was ever going to get when Jessica lifted up that dude's car and made the laser beam joke.

Right before we started watching this show:
My wife: I'm in the mood for something light and fun, I've heard Jessica Jones is good.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It really should have been about 8 episodes long. Maybe 9.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This won't be shocking considering the numbers, but a second season has been given the nod.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'll not be watching the second season unless I hear they are treating white males better.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Jessica Jones

Post by Leisher »

It really should have been about 8 episodes long. Maybe 9.
Truth. I legit was ready for things to be wrapped up at episode 8. I didn't realize there were 5 more...
I'll not be watching the second season unless I hear they are treating white males better.
They certainly didn't love them did they? Although it could easily be argues that Simpson wasn't evil, but a product of brainwashing.

But how dumb was his story line? Normal beat cop unable to kill a powerless woman to super powered assassin? Made no sense.

Jessica Jones herself was very unlikable.

This show is easily the worst of the Marvel Netflix shows.
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Jessica Jones

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: They certainly didn't love them did they?.
That shit doesn't fly any more in Trump's America.
Leisher
Site Admin

Jessica Jones

Post by Leisher »

Season 2 is out and I haven't watched it yet, but Netflix is blowing smoke up their own ass on Twitter about it. See, every episode was directed by a woman.

The responses they've gotten, aside from one batshit crazy liberal (check her Twitter) attacking everyone responding, are exactly what you'd expect when someone goes out of their way to publicly pat themselves on the back.

Look it up for some chuckles. (Look up the Twitter post, not the series.)
GORDON
Site Admin

Jessica Jones

Post by GORDON »

Hard pass.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jessica Jones

Post by TheCatt »

I heard it was unfocused and too long. Too long certainly applies to most of what they've done with Marvel properties lately.
Leisher
Site Admin

Jessica Jones

Post by Leisher »

Season 3 coming.

Man hating gets ratings.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jessica Jones

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: I heard it was unfocused and too long. Too long certainly applies to most of what they've done with Marvel properties lately.
So I did watch Season 2. Ugh.

Do you like Super heroes? Do you like super heroes who are not actually that super? Do you like relationships more? Like, what if we did a super hero show, where she isn't that super, and just talked about her relationships? Fine, but which relationships? Oh, let's do, every, single, god-damned one of them.

Ugh.

The best episode was on that will just get me labeled as a woman hater.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jessica Jones

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Jessica Jones

Post by TheCatt »

Season 3 was dramatically better than the terrible season 2.