The Punisher - Yay Netflix!

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: The Punisher - Yay Netflix!

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: The Punisher - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

Saw Berenthal in person, today. I would have paid to meet him but the line was a couple hours long. He's tall and had hair and a manly beard.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Looks pretty awesome.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Looks very good.

It also appears they're changing his origin story.

His family was killed in the crossfire during a shootout between rival mobs in the books.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Wasn't that even how it was in DD S2? I forget.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Looks very good.

It also appears they're changing his origin story.

His family was killed in the crossfire during a shootout between rival mobs in the books.
That's exactly what it was in Daredevil as well.

I'm guessing that was a dream sequence spawned by military people coming after him that were friends of his enemies from Season 2.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I'm guessing that was a dream sequence spawned by military people coming after him that were friends of his enemies from Season 2.
Good thought.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Did this come out yet?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Signs point to yes. But I still haven't watched the Defenders.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It did. I will watch it over the holidays.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Iron Fist" did a lot of damage to my enthusiasm for Netflix marvel shows.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

That was what made me realized I hadn't even heard of the first season coming out.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Good show. Second only to Daredevil in the Marvel/Netflix lineup.

They completely back away from the Punisher you expect, and instead focus on showing you his humanity. You really get to see his moral code and why he does what he does. It's telling his origin story without telling it. IMHO, this is pretty smart because without that you're just rooting for a killing machine. Now that's not to say this show isn't violent. It is very, very violent. This is easily the most violent Marvel show, and nothing else is even close.

There's a secondary story that helps to fill the 13 episodes, but this show is still 3 episodes too long. I'd be very happy if they tightened up the stories and ran 10 episode seasons.

The lady playing the S-A-C is hot as balls and you'll see most of her, so that's a bonus.

A nice character piece and first chapter for The Punisher. It puts him in a good place for more stories.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Good show. Second only to Daredevil in the Marvel/Netflix lineup.

They completely back away from the Punisher you expect, and instead focus on showing you his humanity.
Not sure what you mean by that. I never read the comics, so given the Marvel-Netflix history, it was pretty much what I expected.

Great series. Very violent, as Leisher pointed out. A nice series particularly after going through the Defenders.

Disturbing, though, was finishing this series on the note it ended, and then immediately flipping to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt where in the first scene you see the Punisher sitting in a car wash just chilling like a normal human being.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cancelled.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Cancelled.
Eminem has feelings