The Warriors - At 'Dem Flicks with Malcolm

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Synopsis:
Some gang members have to make their way across town without getting killed or arrested.

Review:
How the fuck is there not a thread for this? They just don't make throwaway B-movies like they used to. This is the movie you'd get if A Clockwork Orange and Battle Royale had a drunken one-night stand in NYC. This is doubly true if you read the book.

The most charismatic banger ever calls a huge summit with hundreds of members from warring factions. His ass gets shot, the Warriors witness the shooters in the act, and then get the assassination wrongly pinned on them. They're left with no alternative but to leg it the fuck back to their home turf on Coney Island after the subway gets fucked.

As I finished the movie, I thought, "Damn, it's like someone tailor made these gangs for video game levels." Rockstar was already on that shit.

Verdict:
Classic.

Edited By Malcolm on 1451797231
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."