Kiss of the Dragon - Yay my friend's HBOGo account!

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I had never seen this film when it first came out. Watched it while playing some MW:O. Entertaining popcorn film, but don't come expecting a plot.

Jet Li is awesome at action, but his language barrier is on full display.

The plot is pretty bad. Jet is super cop from China on loan to France and he has to deal with their corrupt police force. The problem is that is seems to be the whole damn force, and they're crazy brazen about it. Despite that, only Li knows they're corrupt. Meanwhile, an American, Bridget Fonda, is forced into prostitution and has the goods on the main dirty cop.

Fonda is really good in this film, and reminds me how awesome and cute she was until she suddenly disappeared from acting.

Worth a watch for action fans, but this is not a classic action movie. Standard stuff improved by some good action and good acting by Fonda.

Edited By Leisher on 1451677313
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”