What We Do in the Shadows

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I had zero interest in this movie based on the box cover. I never even bothered to read the description. Then while prepping for my latest SC trip, I heard a bit about it being good and the Apple store had it as a $.99 rental, so I grabbed it. Watched it on the flight down.

Hilarious movie.

It's a mockumentary about elderly flat mates living together and trying to fit into the young night life. I call them elderly because they're anywhere from 183 to 8000+ years old. See, they're vampires.

This documentary crew is given access to their lives before an annual monsters ball. The whole thing focuses on how out of touch they are with the modern world. It also showcases their rivalry with a gang of werewolves (pure comedy gold), how they treat familiars, how they hunt, and the awesomeness of Stewart.

Highly recommended.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It took me a few minutes to recognize Jermaine from Flight of the Conchords.

I remember when they were Kickstarting the film, but didn't contribute.

Pretty good flick, definitely some funny moments. There's one in particular that I love, and have seen as a meme several times.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Not bad. Perhaps the best vampire flick I've seen in a long time.

"Stop going around telling people you're the guy from Twilight!"

Edited By Malcolm on 1451426727
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I watched it because the director of Thor 3's name was on it.

It was amusing.

Between this and Flight of the Conchords,I think I know every single New Zealand actor, at this point.

Also free on Amazon Prime right now.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.