General Marvel Movie & TV Show News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Malcolm

Re: Marvel Movies

Post by Malcolm »

Someone thinks the X-Men film franchise needs to be more boring.
Now it’s time for Cyclops to stand up and be the leader for which the X-Men franchise has been begging.
I've always hated that douche. I think he was specifically written that way. He reminds me of Chris's scout leader from Family Guy.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Legion coming to FX.

This is interesting as it looks like Fox and Marvel are working together on this project.

Legion, David Charles Haller, is Xavier's son (and some chick named Haller from the 80s). Anyway, he's a ridiculously powerful mutant with multiple personality disorder. We're talking hundreds or thousands of different personalities. The trick is each one is a mutant with different abilities.

So David is a normal kid, but any one of his personalities could be a hero or a villain with unstoppable power.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Brie Larson? Fucking really?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:Brie Larson? Fucking really?
Eh, why not. She's an actual actress and she was hilarious on The League.

That being said, Rousey would obviously be far more physically perfect for the role, but maybe they want someone who can act?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Are Fox and Marvel talking about mutants?

This is quite big. Fox saw what Marvel did with Sony/Spider-Man and has opened a dialogue with Marvel about the X-Men. Is Wolverine 3 shooting yet? If not, the script needs to be scrapped if this deal gets done so they can make Old Man Logan properly.

If Wolverine and Hulk get to fight on the big screen...
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Power Pack

I think this would be a pretty brilliant move. These characters are pretty solid (from what I remember from the 80s), but more importantly, would really appeal to younger kids. They'd immediately be creating a new generation of fans.
Vince

Marvel Movies

Post by Vince »

oh god no
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Disney and 20th Century Fox have been chatting about a buyout.

This would bring X-Men and Fantastic Four back to Marvel.

Talks have ceased but could resume anytime.

PLEASE let this happen!!!!!!!!
thibodeaux

Marvel Movies

Post by thibodeaux »

I gotta say, it'd be awesome to see what the Marvel studios could do with the X-Men. On the other hand, it's gonna be hard to top the casting of Jackman as Wolverine and Stewart as Xavier, and you just know they're gonna "reboot" it, so. I dunno. Seriously, can you imagine anybody playing Wolverine besides Hugh Jackman?
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

I can't, but Jackman has said he'd come back if he could team up with the Avengers.

Of course, I couldn't picture Ledger as the Joker, but he pulled it off. Someone will eventually step up and take over as Wolverine and Xavier. If Marvel gets the X-Men back they'll reboot the whole franchise, except probably Deadpool.

Oh, and they'll finally be able to stop pretending anyone gives a shit about the Inhumans.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Just FYI, here's what Disney wouldn't be buying from Fox:
Disney could not own two broadcast networks and would therefore not buy the Fox broadcast network. It would not buy Fox’s sports programming assets in the belief that combining them with ESPN could be seen as anti-competitive from an antitrust standpoint and it would not buy the Fox News or Business channel. Disney would also not purchase Fox’s local broadcasting affiliates, according to people familiar with the negotiations.
thibodeaux

Marvel Movies

Post by thibodeaux »

Jesus, why not go full Demolition Man. All restaurants are Taco Bell. All media are Disney.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Disney so close to a deal with FOX that it could be announced next week.

Please let this happen.

Getting the X-Men back would be a massive win for Marvel. Honestly, it'd be a massive win for film fans too. This would be a shot in the arm for Marvel films. They could immediately change course on the next wave of films and start integrating the X-Men. Hell, the X-Men could show up in Avengers 4 (if the Avengers don't beat Thanos in 3).
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

In other news, AntMan and the Wasp will be Marvel's first romantic comedy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

More on that Disney/Fox deal.

This is all speculation and there's good and bad in there. The most interesting part is how the writer thinks FOX as a scripted shows network would go away. If that happens, I'll bet the CW comes roaring in to steal some of their shows like Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers (Oddly thisclose to being canceled a year or two ago and now a guaranteed renewal), etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Marvel wants Hugh Jackman inside them.

The update there is that he said no, but I never believe any of the denials. I'm betting if they really wanted him for Avengers 4, they could convince him.
thibodeaux

Marvel Movies

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: The update there is that he said no, but I never believe any of the denials. I'm betting if they really wanted him for Avengers 4, they could convince him.
While it would indeed be awesome...it would also be the perfect opportunity to replace a 50-year-old actor. It's tough for an old guy to remain that jacked, no matter how much test or tren or whatever he's taking.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote:
Leisher wrote: The update there is that he said no, but I never believe any of the denials. I'm betting if they really wanted him for Avengers 4, they could convince him.
While it would indeed be awesome...it would also be the perfect opportunity to replace a 50-year-old actor. It's tough for an old guy to remain that jacked, no matter how much test or tren or whatever he's taking.
Truth.

I believe they should just "reboot" all the X-Men and the Fantastic Four.

You could even use Deadpool as the "narrator" for such a move. Make him tell the audience "We're just going to pretend all those awful movies never happened...except for mine because they were awesome."
thibodeaux

Marvel Movies

Post by thibodeaux »

Also, Patrick Stewart as Prof. X is pretty hard to top. And unless he's got some of whatever magic potion Christopher Lee had, it wouldn't make sense to keep him either.

The rest of the X-Men cast are pretty forgettable. Well, that is, we'd LIKE to forget some of them, like Halle Berry.

Fassbender and McAvoy are OK in their roles I guess. Hell, by the time this is straightened out they might be the right age :p

Oh, and I'd totally bang the redhead from Game of Thrones...so she'd be great also.

Would also bang Mrs. Draper.

And I guess the original Jean Gray. And also Halle Berry.