General Marvel Movie & TV Show News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Vince

Marvel Movies

Post by Vince »

I'm kind of seeing a lot of "on the other hand"'s with these two cases. If one listened to Roseanne's podcast in the two or three months prior to their hiring her to relaunch her show, it was pretty clear that at some point she was going to say something whack-a-doodle that the company is going to have to PR into the dirt. It's her nature. It would be like hiring Eddie Murphy and then firing him for dropping an F bomb during an interview. They knew what they were getting when they hired her. Gunn's was 10 years ago, but that makes a better argument that they were blind sided by these revelations of his tweets. I doubt Disney/Marvel would be that sloppy, but who knows.

I've been getting very tired of the SJW outrage courts on social media. This was a slap back at that. I hate to see this back and forth on these firings, but it's been pretty one sided since the Brendan Eich firing. Maybe the only way to stop it and return to being able to have discussions is a guaranteed mutual destruction.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Now they’re targeting Michael Ian Black who has a ton of pedo jokes/tweets, Sarah Silverman for 1, Patton Oswald for tweeting he’s “a PROUD pedophile”, and Anthony Jeselnik who has already squashed it through humor.

I’m someone who believes EVERYTHING is fair game for comedy. Time + Tragedy = Comedy. So I don’t agree with folks who think free speech should be limited.

However, considering all the sexual abuse of children that goes on in Hollywood, I wish folks there would spend more time fighting it than just making jokes about it. Remember, they gave convicted and multiple time pedophile Roman Polanski a standing ovation.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

This is what he comes back with...

For fuck's sake. Crazy, meet crazy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

The NRA is right there under the bed with the Russians.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Marvel Movies

Post by Vince »

Make no mistake, this isn't about the pedophilia jokes. This is turning the SJWs own outrage machine against them. They just found out that the pedo setting on the weapon was supper effective in one case.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

I'm not a fan of the current witch hunt.

Go check out the threads and you'll see people saying "no pedo jokes are ok" and "pedo jokes normalize pedophilia", etc.

Nope.

I'm 100% behind exposing the pedo culture in Hollywood and anywhere. I do not support ending careers because of jokes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Enough about James Gunn and pedo jokes!

Let's get this thread back on topic.

Here's Batman trying to join the MCU:
TheCatt
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by TheCatt »

Who's black widow in that? She's super familiar but I cannot remember who it is.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by TheCatt »

HER!

TPR would have known.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Blade was almost cast as white.

How horrible, right? It's fine to cast black actors as white characters, but never vice versa I guess. Equality!
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

The cast of GotG have signed a letter of support for James Gunn.

thibodeaux

Marvel Movies

Post by thibodeaux »

Do you think any of these people have ever called for someone to be fired over a tweet or a joke? And if so, do you think they're now sorry about that?

Oh but racist! racis racis racis racis!

Racism is worse than pedophilia? FUCK YOU.
Cakedaddy

Marvel Movies

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya, but, he's not REALLY a pedo. He was just joking. But those other people really ARE racist!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Ya, but, he's not REALLY a pedo. He was just joking. But those other people really ARE racist!
I see you're being sarcastic, but yes.
Cakedaddy

Marvel Movies

Post by Cakedaddy »

It was sarcasm, but I also think that will be their goto response. Because even though racism (white on black) exists on both sides, conservatives get called out for it and get their lives ruined, even when it really was a joke. Liberals on the other hand get a pass because they didn't vote for Trump.

Or maybe I've just missed all the liberal racists being called out and fired.

On other note to further derail the thread. . . I noticed that Vudu has "Free movies with ads". The ads are about 1 every 20 minutes and they are about 15-20 seconds long. So hardly an interruption. But, the movies are old. But at least I got to watch Deliverance for the first time! Anyway, I fired up "The Big Easy". Holy sexist, misogyny, HR lawsuit Batman! I didn't get very far because I didn't find the movie entertaining. But the first 20 minutes of the movie was Dennis Quaid sexually harrassing Ellen Barkin on the job. "You want vital case information? You can have it over dinner tonight." All the men in the precinct staring at her, etc. Made me wonder when the movie would be banned. And how many others would follow. Why should something like that be allowed to exist? Maybe it won't get banned or anything because as it turns out, she really did want him. So, you know, it's not harassment if you're attractive, or she actually likes you.

Lastly, I can't watch any movie now, where a female has to get naked, or where there is a sex scene without thinking "All of those men should be imprisoned for making her do that. She doesn't really like/love these guys. That's rape."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Holy sexist, misogyny, HR lawsuit Batman! I didn't get very far because I didn't find the movie entertaining. But the first 20 minutes of the movie was Dennis Quaid sexually harrassing Ellen Barkin on the job.
Pretty much half the movies from the 80s wouldn't be made now
TheCatt
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux

Marvel Movies

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote: Ya, but, he's not REALLY a pedo. He was just joking. But those other people really ARE racist!
No. It doesn't matter.
Vince

Marvel Movies

Post by Vince »

thibodeaux wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
No. It doesn't matter.
Yeah, it's becoming a thing on the left now to say that people really shouldn't destroy others over old tweets and Internet posts, and that the mob mentality is getting out of hand. Except for the people we do it to, because they're really awful.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
No. It doesn't matter.
One was a bunch of generic jokes not about any particular person.

The other was jokes aimed at a specific person.

Those are different.