General Marvel Movie & TV Show News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
thibodeaux

Marvel Movies

Post by thibodeaux »

Perhaps but it doesn't matter. "Racism" is a thought crime. It is literally an opinion that people don't like. So, if you think people should be fired for bad opinions, then there's literally no reason why I can't think people should be fired for any reason at all.
GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

Nope. It's ok to punch Nazis now. If you disagree, you're a Nazi.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Nope. It's ok to punch Nazis now. If you disagree, you're a Nazi.
We used to kill Nazis.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

Exactly. You pass, I will not attack you for freedom.
thibodeaux

Marvel Movies

Post by thibodeaux »

GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

We used to kill Nazis. That always makes it ok.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by TheCatt »

Disturbing, but clearly you don't even know what pedophilia means.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Marvel Movies

Post by thibodeaux »

if it's like racism, it means anything that makes me uncomfortable
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Marvel Movies

Post by Vince »

Everything is stupid.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Marvel and Star Wars skipped ComicCon this year, and word on the street is they want to do their own ComicCon.

I mean, they have the properties...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Marvel Movies

Post by Vince »

Disney might want to hold off on that until they can get people to care about Star Wars again.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Disney might want to hold off on that until they can get people to care about Star Wars again.
I don't disagree.

Let's be honest, they could hold a Marvel only convention and rival ComicCon. However, you're right that the Star Wars property is badly damaged. Fortunately Bob Iger knows it, so we'll see how much course correcting they do. Unfortunately, I don't really see a return to the series for myself unless they retcon TLJ. It completely invalidated everything I knew about the series and destroyed a story 7 movies and 40 years in the making. When I was upset, Disney told me to go fuck myself and they don't need me as a consumer. So I'm out, and so are my three kids, and that means so are their kids, and so on.
Vince

Marvel Movies

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Let's be honest, they could hold a Marvel only convention and rival ComicCon. However, you're right that the Star Wars property is badly damaged. Fortunately Bob Iger knows it, so we'll see how much course correcting they do. Unfortunately, I don't really see a return to the series for myself unless they retcon TLJ. It completely invalidated everything I knew about the series and destroyed a story 7 movies and 40 years in the making. When I was upset, Disney told me to go fuck myself and they don't need me as a consumer. So I'm out, and so are my three kids, and that means so are their kids, and so on.
I agree that Marvel is that strong, but I have to wonder how much crossover there is between the two camps (Marvel and SW). I would think a lot. I agree that a Marvel only convention could rival ComiCon, but I don't know if it could right now if the SW backlash spans as strongly across both groups as I think it might. Maybe a couple of years from now. I think a lot will also depend on their streaming service. If people feel like Disney is not only raping their childhood with Star Wars, but also their wallet... then that could be bad. My understanding is that will be a few years before Disney has streaming rights for Star Wars movies prior to their buying of the franchise.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Their 3 movies in 2018 have grossed over $4 Billion.

Reminder: Disney bought Marvel for $4 Billion.
To put that into perspective, that’s more than the entire DC Extended Universe so far ($3.759 billion from five movies), and there’s only twelve franchises ever that have pulled in more than $4 billion from all of their instalments combined.
If only someone at Disney was smart enough to wonder why Marvel movies do so well versus Star Wars movies...
Vince

Marvel Movies

Post by Vince »

It's really kind of amazing that Marvel struggled financially for so long as a publisher of comics. I think they'll be talking about Disney/Marvel catching lightning in a bottle for years on this.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: It's really kind of amazing that Marvel struggled financially for so long as a publisher of comics.
Bad management with a lack of vision.

What people will really be talking about is how they got it so right with Marvel, and so wrong with Star Wars.
Vince

Marvel Movies

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:Bad management with a lack of vision.
Very true. But let's face it... Marvel was a comic book publisher. They approached it from that perspective. Even the movies they sold rights on were done to promote the comics. Getting bought by an entertainment company like Disney forced a change in perspective. And the way the comic branch has been trying to kill their franchises, I wouldn't be surprised to see that part scaled way back.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: And the way the comic branch has been trying to kill their franchises, I wouldn't be surprised to see that part scaled way back.
Or alternatively...

From what I understand there has been a cleansing there. People gone. Edicts sent down saying no more political bullshit. All the original characters are being returned to their original identities and being resurrected. Etc.
Vince

Marvel Movies

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:From what I understand there has been a cleansing there. People gone. Edicts sent down saying no more political bullshit. All the original characters are being returned to their original identities and being resurrected. Etc.
Not surprised. Which also kind of shows what I mean about it becoming more of a media company now. Disney would be stupid to allow them to alienate half the potential audience.