After - At 'Dem Flicks with Malcolm

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Synopsis:
I swear it has to be Nicholas Sparks writing this shit under a different name.

Review:
This movie starts off somewhat interesting for the first act and even parts of the second. Two seemingly unrelated people riding on a bus are in an accident. They wake up in a hospital in their hometown and notice they're the only ones there and a grey smokey cloud is slowly enveloping everything. Saying much else spoils things.

The first half reminds me of some of the better Twilight Zone eps. There's a fuckload of simple symbolism and plot points as both are trying to piece together why/how/where they woke up, what events tie them together, and what to do next. Plus I'm a sucker for long shots of people wandering around ghost towns. There's a random monster to boot which gave me TZ vibes as well.

The second half reminds me Dawson's fucking Creek and kills any merit the other 50% has. Whoever wrote it deserve to have a prostate exam from a nervous porcupine.

Verdict:
Bleh, another "horror" movie that had a semi-cool premise squandered by shitty writing, directing, and producing. Who the fuck was in the room saying, "You know what we really need? The romantic subplot to overtake everything else."

Edited By Malcolm on 1450660506
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."