Sunset - At 'Dem Flicks with Malcolm

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Synopsis:
The movie that asks the question what if this guy were more like this guy and what would Wyatt Earp do about it?

Review:
You'll recognize many faces in this one: Bruce Willis (Tom Mix), James Garner (Wyatt Goddamn Earp), Malcolm McDowell (Chaplin/Thaw hybrid), Mariel Hemingway, Andreas Katsulas (the one-armed guy from the fugitive), Joe Dallesandro, Kathleen Quinlan, M. Emmet Walsh, Dann Florek. Reportedly, Garner refused to work with Bruce after this flick, describing his acting style as "high school."

Anyhow, Earp's a consultant on a film being shot starring Mix and being financed by Chap-Thaw. A couple people start dying and the cops are completely useless, so it falls to a movie star and an old-ass, retired marshal to find out why.

The plot is thin and uninteresting, which means you're relying on the actors to make it entertaining. That works about 25% of the time because most of the dialog is shit. You get the feeling each scene required four or five takes to get right because of someone always yelling, "What the fuck am I getting paid for this again," at random points in the middle of someone else's line.

Verdict:
Very forgettable. Only for Blake Edwards fans.

Edited By Malcolm on 1449699912
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."