Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

Now that I no longer eat lunch I don't have that guilt-free hour to sit and watch an episode of TV in the middle of the day. In the evenings, I am busy doing other things.

edit - oh, i just repeated myself.

yeah busy on the farm.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by Leisher »

A reasonable review.

This guy shits on the folks ripping Iron Fist, while also pointing out its flaws. His argument is that Iron Fist isn't great, but it's not 37% on Rotten Tomatoes bad. He says it's nowhere near as good as Daredevil, but better than Agents of SHIELD.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by Leisher »

Burned through the season this week.

Is this the best Marvel Netflix show? No.
Is it the worst? Yeah, probably.

Listen, this isn't terrible, but it's not that good. The story is hot garbage. HOT GARBAGE. They took everything interesting about the character and purposely didn't use any of it. No Kun Lun, no Luke Cage, no ninjas (Daredevil fought them...), and most importantly, no Iron Fist. Oh, it's there, but they really used it sparingly. They scaled back his power to ridiculous levels.

Terrible acting throughout, although based on what they had to work with, I will give them a pass until next season.

He's more likeable than Jessica Jones, but the supporting cast and the way they hold him back are shit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

I am 3 or 4 episodes into Iron Fist.

So far, so... ok. And I forgot about Trinity, and the character she plays in the universe. Neat. I hope we get to see more of her fingerbanging her girlfriends.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I hope we get to see more of her fingerbanging her girlfriends.
I'm listening...
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: I hope we get to see more of her fingerbanging her girlfriends.
I'm listening...
About the only good part of Jessica Jones.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by Leisher »

I look forward to your overall thoughts on Iron Fist when you're done.

I thought it got worse as the season went on.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

Something about it bugs me a little, I haven't yet figured out what.

As of episode 4 the brother and sister still seem to have shifting motivations from episode to episode. She kind of believes him, but drugs him, then she believes him again, then she is chewing him out in the restaurant YOU ARENT MY BROTHER because he was upset that brother tried to have him killed.

It's like... pick a position.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

JFC, just watched episode 11/13 and NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS FOR THE WHOLE HOUR.

people are bummed game of.thrones only got 7 eps this season, but at least every ep is moving the plot along and we aren't getting shit like this.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, I flipped.a switch in my head or something. This writing is terrible. One more episode to power through.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

Finally hate-watched the last episode and finished this piece of shit.

It was so bad it makes me not even want to bother with The Defenders or any other Netflix Marvel shows.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by TheCatt »

Ouch.

Luke Cage (6 eps in) has been solid. Daredevil 1 was solid. Daredevil 2 was good, JJ was good in its own way. I'll check out Defenders, but might just skip IF
Leisher
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by Leisher »

Iron Fist did suck monkey balls, but The Defenders is very watchable. What's funny is the story is mainly about Iron Fist, yet is far more compelling than the series about him.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by TheCatt »

Six episodes in, Iron Fist is not terrible. IT gets worse I assume?
GORDON
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

I fucking hated it.

"Worst Iron Fist ever."

It put me off watching any more Netflix marvel shows.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by Leisher »

I think my biggest issue with Iron Fist, and the tone of all the Marvel Netflix shows is that they're making them more like SHIELD. Very tame versions of the Marvel universe.

They need to be more like the dark tone of Daredevil.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I think my biggest issue with Iron Fist, and the tone of all the Marvel Netflix shows is that they're making them more like SHIELD. Very tame versions of the Marvel universe.

They need to be more like the dark tone of Daredevil.
I have no problem with a variety of tones. Each series seems to have its own.

I just wish they'd cut each down a few episodes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I just wish they'd cut each down a few episodes.
I agree with that too.

I think the new era of TV has shown us that more is less. 8-12 episodes is fine for a season, but it should be based on the story you have to tell. Don't stretch the story out, condense it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by Leisher »

They fired the previous show runner who had a track record of terrible shows (why was he ever hired?), so we'll see if this saves the franchise. I mean, it can't be worse, right?

TheCatt
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by TheCatt »

It was pretty bad. I'm still stuck on the Defenders.