Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Marvel is complicating things.

I don't think the article is right claiming the issues seem to be with Marvel trying to "ground things in reality". I mean, in Daredevil they refer to the "Battle of New York" which had gods, aliens, a guy who was dethawed after decades, and a guy who turns into a green monster.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sadly, it seems that because of the mystical properties that Iron Fist relies on heavily, it has turned out to be a rather difficult wire act for Marvel to work on. Which is rather interesting, considering there will be a Doctor Strange film hitting theaters just next year.

You're shitting me. Difficult in a world where a blind man is a karate master with radar vision?

Edited By Malcolm on 1436287171
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Exactly...

I wonder if the REAL reason isn't them trying to lower production costs. Think about having to recreate...fuck, what's the name of that city...K'un-Lun. (Had to look it up.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

What is "Iron Fist," in 50 words.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:What is "Iron Fist," in 50 words.

White boy becomes a kung fu master because his dad knew of a Shangri-La-like berg with gurus that trained him. An exiled dude from that place called Steel Serpent tends to be his villain.

Edited By Malcolm on 1436299033
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Rumor has Iron Fist becoming a movie.

It also says Punisher would get a series and replace Iron Fist in the Defenders.

That would suck. The whole dynamic between Luke Cage and Iron Fist is a core theme of each character.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by Leisher »

Joe wasn't lying...

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Trailer.

Leisher
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by Leisher »

Early reviews are negative.

Shit. Iron Fist was one of my favorites growing up.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

I didn't read. Negative because it's a white guy?
Leisher
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

Oh.

It just got a little higher priority in my list of things to do.

Also it seems like yes, partially because he's a white guy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

Also someone watch it and tell me if i can watch it with my kid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by TheCatt »

Well, comes out in 3 days...
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Well, comes out in 3 days...
sounds like we have a volunteer
Leisher
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by Leisher »

I'll watch it after my GoT marathon ends.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by GORDON »

I still haven't watched Luke Cage. Now that I don't eat lunch any more I don't have that hour to sit and watch TV during the day, guilt free.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iron Fist - Yay Netflix!

Post by Leisher »

They keep you busy on the farm?

Luke Cage was actually really good. They could have reduced it by 2 episodes, but had a great story, good acting, and no "white men are the devil" undertone.