Jennifer Lawrence

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Still insane.
"When the Sony hack happened and I found out how much less I was being paid than the lucky people with dicks, I didn't get mad at Sony," the 25-year-old actress adds, referencing her American Hustle deal. "I got mad at myself."
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

She should be mad at her agent. Stupid girl.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Still would.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:Still would.
Like Zeus
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

For some reason I was thinking about Jennifer Lawrence at the gym this morning, about her and Gweneth Paltrow complaining about their male costars drawing a bigger paycheck.

Made me imagine of a Honda tweeting that it wasn't fair that it only sells for $24k and a Corvette goes for $80k. I mean, we're both just cars, after all. Market and demand have nothing to do with it, and it isn't fair.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:For some reason I was thinking about Jennifer Lawrence at the gym this morning, about her and Gweneth Paltrow complaining about their male costars drawing a bigger paycheck.

Made me imagine of a Honda tweeting that it wasn't fair that it only sells for $24k and a Corvette goes for $80k. I mean, we're both just cars, after all. Market and demand have nothing to do with it, and it isn't fair.
I have no idea what planet you live on that J Law would be a Honda, and Jeremy Renner a Corvette.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote:For some reason I was thinking about Jennifer Lawrence at the gym this morning, about her and Gweneth Paltrow complaining about their male costars drawing a bigger paycheck.

I have no idea what planet you live on that J Law would be a Honda, and Jeremy Renner a Corvette.
We all knew he swung that way.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:

The planet where dudes go to more movies than chicks do, and dudes identify better with other badass dudes because they too want to be badass by association.

JLaw is doing pretty well for herself, but she isn't doing much for the big target demographic for movies. No group of 19 year old dudes is sitting around talking about how badass she is and that they can't wait for her next movie. Does she have the biggest paycheck for the Hunger Games cast? I bet she does. Perhaps.... she feels a pay discrepancy is a form of rape?

My point is, well.... everybody knew my point about demand, y'all are just fucking with me.

Gweneth Paltrow, though.... what planet is she living on whining that RDJ gets paid more than her?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:Gweneth Paltrow, though.... what planet is she living on whining that RDJ gets paid more than her?
Well, agreed on that one.

I'm open to the argument that it's not just supply and demand though.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Like I said, if she is unhappy with her paycheck, then maybe she need a better agent.

Like all millennials, she is just going to sit back and cry about it, though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:Like I said, if she is unhappy with her paycheck, then maybe she need a better agent.

Like all millennials, she is just going to sit back and cry about it, though.
Did you read it?
When the Sony hack happened and I found out how much less I was being paid than the lucky people with dicks, I didn't get mad at Sony," the 25-year-old actress adds, referencing her American Hustle deal. "I got mad at myself."
Admitting to accepting her deal without much of a fight, Lawrence says she "failed as a negotiator" because she "gave up early."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Does she even have an agent?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Doesn't everyone?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:Doesn't everyone?

What does he do if not negotiate her best possible salary?

Or she. But then she probably got only 75% of whatever percentage male agents get, because victimhood.

Edited By GORDON on 1444874705
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:Other psychos agree.
What makes her a pyscho?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

They're bitching about the very industry that made them celebrities and rich. They've only started to bitch about this after becoming bankable stars and names. If they're claiming 100% ignorance about all this until just recently, then they're idiots.
Fear kept women silent, Chastain argued. Fear that they would be branded “difficult” and might never find work again.

Grow. Some. Balls. Or, prove the suits wrong financially. Here are the top 100 grossing movies of all-time. How many have women headlining the cast?
Studies show that male actors have far more opportunities than females. A recent report from the Center for the Study of Women in Television and Film found that females comprised a mere 12% of protagonists in last year’s top-grossing films.

I guess we'll blame the screenwriters, directors, and execs for the "lack of opportunities." Then she goes on rambling and leaves Logic City on a permanent vacation.
“What I really appreciate is that it’s not just women,” said Chastain. “It’s men and women and all groups talking about how we need more diversity and more equality in American cinema. I don’t know what’s happening. We’re supposed to be a mirror that’s held up to society and tells the story of what’s happening around us. And sometimes the American film industry only tells the stories of a few and I don’t want my story to be erased. I want to see women out there and I want them to be equally compensated for the work that they do.”

Insanity like that is how you get Ghostbusters greenlit with an all female cast. Everything up until the last sentence is her presuming to speak for an entire country and in no way supports or leads to the last sentence. The last sentence is still stupid because equal compensation only makes sense if you have equal contribution. Trying to argue over how much one exactly contributed to an artistic endeavour is a long, pointless conversation.

Lastly, and I may have said this before, they could grow some balls and agree to work exclusively with producers that agree to their idealistic vision of the world. I'm waiting to see how badly the Melissa McCarthy GB movie flops.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I wouldn't call her psycho. Delusional, perhaps.

I would argue that the highest paid people should be the writers and directors. Usually the premise or property is what gets me to see a movie. Actors help tremendously, but I have skipped movies with actors I love because the premise sucked.

“What I really appreciate is that it’s not just women,” said Chastain. “It’s men and women and all groups talking about how we need more diversity and more equality in American cinema. I don’t know what’s happening. We’re supposed to be a mirror that’s held up to society and tells the story of what’s happening around us. And sometimes the American film industry only tells the stories of a few and I don’t want my story to be erased. I want to see women out there and I want them to be equally compensated for the work that they do.”

I'm also sick of this bullshit. Really bitch? Last time I checked not every group of friends had a white guy, black guy, gay person, Chinese friend, etc. Black people make up 12% of the country's population, yet they're probably 35-40% of the actors on TV.

Edited By Leisher on 1444934468
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've read Lawrence's essay twice. Her premise is that there's a double standard, and males somehow aren't afraid to use aggressive tactics to get a lot of money without spoiling their image, and she's afraid if she does it she gets labeled a "spoiled brat," and this is why there is a pay gap.

And that's bullshit, and just whining. Hollywood is a business, and the producers will spend whatever they have to to get the return they want. They aren't going to pay anyone more than they are worth, men or women, but if they can they will pay them as little as possible. It's a negotiation. They probably thought JLaw was worth more, but they sure as hell aren't going to volunteer it, if JLaw wasn't going to demand it.

Go ahead and provide me the studio executive emails that lay out the vast anti-female conspiracy, and I will take this all back and apologize.

I state again, classic Millennial move, and even more so because she is such an over-the-top example: she is rich from what she does, and still whines that something isn't fair in spite of her situation being entirely her fault.

And her agent should be fired because that's the person who is supposed to be doing her dirty work for her.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

she is rich from what she does, and still whines that something isn't fair in spite of her situation being entirely her fault

If she had announced her semi-retirement until such pay gaps are addressed, I might have a modicum of respect or say she's taking a stand based on principle. I didn't hear her bitching about this when she was raking in a massive paycheck for <s>Battle Royale: the non-Japanese Version</s> The Loser Games.