Ocean's Eight (2018)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ocean's Eight (2018)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fuck that shit. Somewhere, Sinatra is rolling over in his grave.

Edited By Malcolm on 1446217947
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Oh this is what everyone was waiting for.

I love the genius of marketing guy movies to women, by putting women in it. If there's one thing I know about women, it's that they really like each other.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Another remake with chicks

Post by Leisher »

Jennifer Lawrence in talks to play Brad Pitt's role.

Sandra Bullock is already in as George Clooney's sister or something.

I'll bet you $100 right now that Melissa McCarthy ends up in this film.

A legit question I have is will they fill the rest of the cast with big names (Jolie, Witherspoon, Roberts, Strep, etc.), middle of the road names (Bell, Dunn, that blonde chick in movies with McCarthy, Fey, etc.) or fill the cast out with unknowns?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I saw the chick version of The Expendables. Didn't work.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They actually made it? How did I miss that? What is it called?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

It's Asylum's answer to the franchise. Think it's called Mercenaries. It's so bad I don't believe I even wasted time writing a review.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, anything made by Asylum is complete ass.

There is a legit, females only Expendables being worked out with actual stars. If you search the forums you should find info on it somewhere.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Ah yes, the ExpendaBelles.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

More info, god help us.
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Ocean's Eight

Post by Leisher »

Matt Damon making a cameo.

Ocean's Eight because they couldn't find three more women?

Do we need cameos from male actors to sell the film?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Matt Damon making a cameo.

Ocean's Eight because they couldn't find three more women?

Do we need cameos from male actors to sell the film?
The hint of a crossover in that article is intolerable. That's the sort of thing that might bring an angry Sinatra back from the grave.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

cgi sinatra
Leisher
Site Admin

Ocean's Eight

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Ocean's Eight

Post by GORDON »

Man I wish everybody would stop being so sexy when a movie doesn't break records.

On the other hand, it's weird that a movie about women doing women things and telling women jokes (i saw 'oooo jewelry' jokes in the trailer) doesn't really resonate with men.

Fucking sexists.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ocean's Eight

Post by TheCatt »

It's meh... just meh. I didn't see any matt Damon, for the record.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ocean's Eight

Post by GORDON »

You're clearly sexist. Check your privilege.

This is Lady Ghostbusters are the two best movies ever made.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ocean's Eight

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: You're clearly sexist. Check your privilege.

This is Lady Ghostbusters are the two best movies ever made.
It needed more humour.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ocean's Eight

Post by Leisher »

This film is a fucking treasure. Seriously, fuck all the men who clearly made it fail.

*Whispering* Ok, are the women gone?

Here's the truth: This film sucked.

Just a poorly, poorly written heist movie with zero humor, but a whole lot of "woke".

I genuinely chuckled one time throughout the entire film. Once. It was a scene with two men and zero women. I'm not saying that had anything to do with anything, but I laughed at a line James Corden threw out about a guy's furniture because it was genuinely funny. Not a single other moment or line in the film even got me to smirk.

It could also be Gilette's next ad since every man in the film was dead, a bad guy, missing, or incompetent except for the one guy on Tinder who has no lines and we only see for 2 seconds at the end.

Listen, just know that men are awful. Danny Ocean is dead or he's not, either way, he's awful. Rueben makes an appearance and immediately gets told to beat feet. Sandra Bullock's BF framed her, so he's the awful one even though she was his accomplice in crime. Every other man is a cop, security guard, or investigator so they're all just incompetent, and we'll gloss over that they all probably lost their jobs and careers. And oh look, the cliche: "Your sister is awesome because she's married and you're not" even though the not married sister is really the cool, independent one.

Sandra Bullock's character actually makes a fucking speech about how they need to pull off this heist for all the little girls out there dreaming of becoming criminals. I guess that was meant to draw in laughs?

The story is the real travesty. If these writers planned a heist in real life they would be arrested in minutes. Holy shit did they turn a simple bait and switch into an overly complicated affair. Sandra Bullock's character serves no purpose during the heist except to make it clearly obvious to anyone with an IQ above 10 that she's involved. (Don't worry, the men in the film never figure that out. Because they're just dumb men.) There's also a twist that fits the "Scream 2" criteria for shitty twists that come out of nowhere. It's deliciously bad because like Scream 2, the filmmakers have to actively lie to you to make it work. (and it still doesn't.) (Bonus points: They need a man for the twist, which completely contradicts the entire point of this women's empowerment movie...)

Anne Hathaway gave the best performance, and her role was also pretty stupid.

Listen, I want to bash this movie and I want to use spoilers, so stop reading if you want to go in fresh.

Imagine if Anne had told them BEFORE the heist that she was in. How much easier would it have been? When's the last time someone popped into a criminal gang's hideout AFTER the heist and demanded a cut only to have that demand accepted and them not be murdered? I guess only men commit violence? How hilarious was it that they needed a male acrobat to steal all the other pieces? You know, all the ones they didn't need to break down like they did with the main one because they made replicas...oh wait...why'd they break down the main one again? And why'd she plant it on him only to have to then plant it again at his home? And when the cops saw it broken down I'm sure none of them thought, "Hey, let's review tapes of people going in and out that night and see if anyone has new jewelry while leaving." How exactly does one learn to use a special magnet to remove a necklace just by watching a shitty iPhone video?

And holy fuck was this film terribly written.

Also, no Damon. Maybe he saw the script...
thibodeaux

Ocean's Eight (2018)

Post by thibodeaux »

Also they cast the black as the sooper awesome h4x0r and the Chinese as the street hustler.

This movie is all about busting stereotypes, bigot