Thor Ragnarok

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Thor 3

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Thor 3

Post by GORDON »

Another trailer.

Liking.

"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Thor 3

Post by Leisher »

The blue rocky guy is a friend of Hulk's from the Plant Hulk story line.

Was that Dormamamu at the end? I don't know how to spell it. He's a Dr. Strange baddie. Essentially the devil.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Thor 3

Post by Leisher »

Marvel has good karma for this film.

Also, that line is fucking genius.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by TheCatt »

A couple of weeks ago, director Taika Waititi suggested that up to a whopping 80% of Thor: Ragnarok is improvisation,
Every time I see that, it's a warning sign.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, director Taika Waititi suggested that up to a whopping 80% of Thor: Ragnarok is improvisation,
Every time I see that, it's a warning sign.
In this case it might work better. Thor is a boring character. They've always had trouble making him interesting because he's basically invulnerable and a good person. That's why the first movie was a fish out of water story and why the second movie sucked.

Plus What We Do in the Shadows was mostly improvised, so there's hope!
Leisher
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by Leisher »

Apparently, The Grandmaster will meet Daryl on the Blu-Ray.

Hilarious.
GORDON
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by GORDON »

It's fun.

And they damned near went full slapstick.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by TheCatt »

Funny movie. I didn't realize it was the other half of What We Do In the Shadows who directed until now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by TheCatt »

For the record, reservable, reclining seats are awesome. Never would have bothered with an opening weekend without them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by Leisher »

Great film.

I was also at a theater with reclining seats, which made the movie even better. My whole family loved it. From my nerdy ass to my three daughters who know nothing about the characters to my "I hate Sci-Fi, fantasy, and superheros" wife.

Theater was packed and I've heard less laughing at comedies.

All the performances were great. The action and visuals were pretty stunning as well.
GORDON
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by GORDON »

Phoenix theater in Monroe?
Leisher
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by Leisher »

Yes sir
Leisher
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by Leisher »

Leaving the name out to avoid spoilers for anyone that hasn't seen the movie.

Kevin Feige wants _____ in another Marvel film.

Love the idea!

I also loved the post credits scene.
Leisher
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by Leisher »

Did you enjoy this Thor movie?

You can thank Kevin Smith.
GORDON
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by GORDON »

Jut caught it again with the kid in a matinee.

I think Cate Blanchet as Hela is one of the hottest characters ever.

But, then, I've always dug the bad girls.
Leisher
Site Admin

Thor Ragnarok

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Thor Ragnarok

Post by Vince »

A really solid movie. The best of the Thor movies by a pretty good margin, despite it having Jeff Goldblum. His screen time was reduced enough that he wasn't annoying.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren