Avengers: Infinity War

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: SO I watched those both. Bucky was Cap's friend, but was brain-washed... did he get un-brain-washed? Wasn't he bad again in Civil War, but then good at the end? Did Cap + IM ever make up?

Apparently I do not retain anything from these movies.
I think I kind of agree with you. The character's obvious continued importance hasn't really been supported very well with the story telling. I think it's a problem with too much to tell in too little time.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Bucky was Cap's friend
Still is.
TheCatt wrote: but was brain-washed
While Cap was on ice, Bucky was both on ice and being used by the Russians as an assassin.
TheCatt wrote: did he get un-brain-washed?
Negative. He's aware of what happened to him. He is a good guy. However, he doesn't know when or how he could be triggered by his former handlers. That's why they put him back on ice at the end of Civil War.
TheCatt wrote: Wasn't he bad again in Civil War, but then good at the end?
He was good the whole time, EXCEPT for the flashback sequences when he was being controlled.
TheCatt wrote: Did Cap + IM ever make up?
No.

P.S. Bucky takes more of a center stage role in the comics for a bit. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll leave that as vague.

I will say that a friend of his and someone he ran into often while Cap was on ice and he was controlled by the Russians is Wolverine. Now that Marvel has their mutants back...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Oh right, he killed IM's parents when he was bad? And they sent him to Africa at the end?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yes
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Yes
The Civil War thing felt kinda contrived and dumb. But we'll see.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The story of why they went to war was far more fleshed out in the comic.

The build took place for months throughout a series of books. It started when a good guy group of teens/young adults called the New Warriors fought a villain named Nitro. They pushed him too hard and he, literally, exploded wiping out a neighborhood and a school. Hundreds of people were killed, including all but 1-2 of the New Warriors. This led to backlash against heroes and villains alike by regular citizens. The government stepped in and started making demands, which resulted in The Registration Act. This required anyone with powers to register with the government and receive training.

Tony believed in signing it and spearheaded the effort to get folks signed up. He even got Spiderman to reveal his true identity on national TV. Pretty sure that led to Aunt May being killed, but that's a whole other story.

Cap was against it. (Ditto for the mutants in a big way, but that's yet another whole story. Hint: They've seen their futures and the government never treats them well...) Cap believe it would put powered people and their families in danger. He also believed the government would be too tempted to use these powered people as weapons.

Not sure they would have had the time to break this all down into one movie.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:Not sure they would have had the time to break this all down into one movie.
Like I said, too much to tell in too little time.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Already shattering sales records.

Here's another tidbit:
Fellow online ticket seller Atom Tickets reported that Infinity War sold more tickets in its first 24 hours than Black Panther sold in its first month.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Any reviews yet, though?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It doesn't come out for a while, so no reviews yet. I think reviews start hitting the week prior to release for most movies.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Nobody has figured out what Avengers 4 is yet.

That's according to the IW screenwriter who scans fan posts and theories.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well, nobody knows how 3 ends, yet. There's two levels of speculation in play.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This could be a major spoiler for this movie and/or Avengers 4 regarding an appearance and obvious plot detail, not a death, so read at your own risk. I'll also write it backwards and without caps and punctuation.

sessentiweye yb tes no tup neeb neve sah dna riah eht htiw sraew nagol sehtolc ni nees saw eh gnimlif yltnerruc si ruof sregneva erehw atnalta ni dettops saw namkcaj hguh yrots laer eht won hsirebbig hsirebbig
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It can't read that even trying
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I read it JUST FINE
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A "Cram it" video covering all the movies up to now. It's actually pretty condensed at 17 minutes.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

tldw