Game of Thrones  *SPOILERS* - For the nights dark and full of SPOILERS

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: I dunno... they're really into drawing shit out...

But it's weird to me how NO ONE in this series EVER thinks "It's a trap"
well, imp and dragon queen just had that exact conversation
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: 1. I noticed that too. Just figger I was miscounting.
Caught a few minutes of that episode last night before I fell asleep.

There were our 7 heroes. And in a distant shot of the party, there were also like 5 guys following behind, pulling the supply wagon. That's why there were so many redshirts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just a reminder, spoilers, here....

So the dragon knocking down the wall isn't a shock. You had to know since S1 the walkers were going to get south in some way.... the wall always had to be breached. But now we know why NK set the trap to get a dragon.

The big unknown was Sansa/Arya/LF. The big question was whether Sansa was smart enough to outthink LF.... glad to see she is. "I am slow to learn... but I learn." Good line.

And John just banged his aunt.

But good to see Bran has a purpose.... I was hoping he has been chilling doing his omniscience thing... and yup. But at the end, you notice he was warging as NK busted through the wall? Peeps are speculating Bran IS the NK. I wonder if he had to concentrate for a minute. "You will not walk again... but you will fly." Hello.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: The big unknown was Sansa/Arya/LF. The big question was whether Sansa was smart enough to outthink LF.... glad to see she is. "I am slow to learn... but I learn." Good line
Thank goodness.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: But now we know why NK set the trap to get a dragon.
Yep. That was a good payoff. However, one wonders how he could have planned such a trap and known the responses of his enemies.
GORDON wrote: The big unknown was Sansa/Arya/LF. The big question was whether Sansa was smart enough to outthink LF.... glad to see she is. "I am slow to learn... but I learn." Good line.
This made the episode for me. I knew it was coming immediately when that scene started because killing/jailing Arya made zero sense. As I've said before, we don't have time for LF's bullshit anymore. It was time for him to go. With him dead, there are really only two conflicts left.
GORDON wrote: And John just banged his aunt.
I've been enjoying the large number of people who have been openly rooting for incest. Apparently when you're pretty watching you fuck your nephew is cool.
GORDON wrote: But good to see Bran has a purpose....
Right?
GORDON wrote: But at the end, you notice he was warging as NK busted through the wall? Peeps are speculating Bran IS the NK. I wonder if he had to concentrate for a minute. "You will not walk again... but you will fly." Hello.
He was warging, but it's because he knows what's coming and was simply watching, like Marvel's "Watcher".

He is not the NK. If he ends up being that way someone will have to explain to me why he has to spy on the NK and why the NK dispels his crows. BTW, the crows are how he flies. (I think.)

The Cersei stuff was interesting. Both brothers challenged her to kill them and she couldn't/wouldn't. Tyrion made sense because she had a bigger game in mind. Jamie is the question mark. Why did she force him out? Does she no longer love him? Does she know her fate and wants to spare him that? Why would you get rid of your general?

Where does that leave Bron? Remember, Cersei and Bron have it in their contracts that they will NOT do a scene together. Thus, I expect Bron has to go with Jamie or die on the battlefield.

Will Jamie be right about the Golden Company? Will they arrive only to be massacred by the Dothraki or a dragon?

If Euron is over picking them up, where is Theon going?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: The Cersei stuff was interesting. Both brothers challenged her to kill them and she couldn't/wouldn't. Tyrion made sense because she had a bigger game in mind. Jamie is the question mark. Why did she force him out? Does she no longer love him? Does she know her fate and wants to spare him that? Why would you get rid of your general?
This actually gets back on track with the last book, somewhat. At the time in the show when Jaimi was in Dorne (where he never goes to, in the book), Jaimi was actually running around the Riverlands and stuff, stopping the pointless fighting, against Cersei's wishes, more or less. In the book, Jaimi is getting sick of her shit, ignoring her ravens even when Cersei is crying for help (when she got thrown in jail by the High Sparrow), and really having a good character arc.

Now, in the show, defying and leaving her, Jaimi is finally back on track. More or less.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy

Post by Troy »

Given Bran's "social skills" he already displayed with Sansa, I'm kinda surprised that interaction wasn't just:

Hi, I'm Sam.
Hi Sam, I know you. Your father thinks you are a disappointment to his house, and his last thought before being burned alive by a dragon was: "Fuck, just Sam left."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

5 fucking spinoffs in the works.

Only one will likely be made though.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »